Flight time departing, cutting it close?

naeski

We are doing a western trip on the valor.

Our return docking states 8am. Our flight is at 11:50. We heard horror stories about self disembark and horror stories about not doing self disembark. I'm going to ask your opinions and probably get the same thing. ;p

But is it best just to go to the main service desk and tell them we have an early flight and hope to get off first if we use them to get off and not self disembark? Or does everyone try and do that.

Thanks all.

Our return docking states 8am. Our flight is at 11:50. We heard horror stories about self disembark and horror stories about not doing self disembark. I'm going to ask your opinions and probably get the same thing. ;p

But is it best just to go to the main service desk and tell them we have an early flight and hope to get off first if we use them to get off and not self disembark? Or does everyone try and do that.

Thanks all.

Self-assist will always be the first off the ship, so all others will leave the ship after them. You can ask to be let off after them, if you want. I have done self-assist a few times and just havent seen the horrors that other people talk about, then again I travel late fall and the ships arent as crowded.

According to your flight times, Im not even sure they would consider your flight early. This is from the Carnival website:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/debarkation.aspx

What is the earliest I can book my return flight?

Miami - earliest return flight after 11:35 AM for Miami; 12:00 PM for Ft. Lauderdale

Good Luck

Thanks all.

As long as your not going out of FLL,then you should be fine.

Steve

As long as your not going out of FLL,then you should be fine.

Steve

steveaaaa - What problems have you encountered in Ft. Lauderdale. I am looking to buy airfare very soon and it seems my choices for return flights are 11:45 am or 4:30 pm. Nothing in between and I really don't want to wait around for that 4:30 flight.

HeidiHo- You could also consider taking the later flight and booking a departure tour from Carnival - the Everglades or Art Deco tour which would drop you off at the airport. I have done this a couple of times and it beats the worry of getting to the airport on time. Also, the price you pay for these type excursions is about what it would cost you anyways to get to the airport, so it's like getting an excursion for free!

Hi Elaine,

I have a flight out of FLL at 5.30pm after our Valor cruise.

I tried to get info about the Everglade tour with Carnival but cannot find a price for it. Even Carnival didn't know the price :( said I was too book once on board.

Can you let me know how you enjoyed the trip, where you went, what you saw, cost etc.

Also, was it a nightmare getting off the ship to join the tour.? I was hoping to hang back a bit instead of rushing with the crowd to get off. Don't want the stress of the mad panic getting off.

Thanks

Soccerfan - Sorry, I haven't done the excursions out of Miami. We do plan on doing it next time. We have done it twice in PR. Did a rainforest tour and then a fort tour. We found it to be a great way to relax and make the most out of your trip before leaving. To view the prices, you must have your booking number, not your agency's, but your Carnival booking number. Then sign up on the Carnival website and use your booking number. The prices should then appear. This is the range for the $ signs:

$ = Under $50

$$ = $50-$99

$$$ = $100-$149

$$$$ = $150+

As for getting off the ship for the tour, as in all other tours, they will tell you which room and time to meet in. Then they will go over the logistics there.

These are the tours leaving from Miamia and FLL from the Carnival website. Click on full details and it will tell you what time your departure flight must be in order to book these tours:

http://carnival.com/ShoreExcursionsSearchResults.aspx?region=CE&portcode=MIA&portname=Miami%2c+FL

Soccermom

This is the pricelist of the Miami Excursions as of February

Art Deco Tour with FLL Airport Transfer 3 hours.... adult $33 child $31

Art Deco Tour with Miami Transfer 3 hours.... adult $29 child $27

Everglades Tour with Miami Transfer 3.5 hours...adult $35 child $27

Nothing listed for FLL transfer

Childrens Museum...no transfer info listed...4 hours...adult $35/child $34.50

Jungle tour with MIA transfer 4 hours adult $35 child $33

no FLL transfer info listed

Mia Sea Aquarium with MIA transfer 4 hours... adult $35 child $33

no FLL transfer info listed

Port of Miami to FLL Airport Transfer....45 minutes... $30.00 person

Port of Miami to MIA Airport Transfer... 30 minutes... $14.00 person

According to this other than the Art Deco Tour it doesn't appear they have much of FLL Transfers included with a tour....

Hope this helps...

Hi Elaine,

I have a flight out of FLL at 5.30pm after our Valor cruise.

I tried to get info about the Everglade tour with Carnival but cannot find a price for it. Even Carnival didn't know the price :( said I was too book once on board.

Can you let me know how you enjoyed the trip, where you went, what you saw, cost etc.

Also, was it a nightmare getting off the ship to join the tour.? I was hoping to hang back a bit instead of rushing with the crowd to get off. Don't want the stress of the mad panic getting off.

Thanks

This is the info from the Carnival website.

Take time before your flight home for an adventure through South Florida’s unique Eco system.

On this excursion you will:

* Take a short ride to the park in the heart of the Florida Everglades.

* Board an airboat and glide across the Everglades at speeds of up to 50 MPH.

* View alligators, birds and other native wildlife as your captain explains a little bit about this unique ecosystem and the effect it has on South Florida.

* Return to the park for an alligator and wildlife show.

Note: This excursion is designed for guests with flights after 3:00 PM from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport. This excursion is intended for guests who have not already purchased an airport transfer. Transportation to the airport is included in the price of this excursion.

The park features a restaurant where you may purchase lunch or a light snack.

Infants policy in regards to airport transfers is as follows; ages 0-2 do not need tickets purchased, children 3 and older will need to have a ticket.

Bill

steveaaaa - What problems have you encountered in Ft. Lauderdale. I am looking to buy airfare very soon and it seems my choices for return flights are 11:45 am or 4:30 pm. Nothing in between and I really don't want to wait around for that 4:30 flight.

FLL has a huge line for security it seems all the time. They also don't allow your bags to be checked more than 3 hours prior and you can't go thru security until 2 hours before. As long as you get off the ship and in a cab by 9am you will be fine.

Steve

Archived