Tell me about the Carnival Spirit

coffeebean

Our first cruise was on Carnival 20 years ago. Last year, we went on our second Carnival cruise.

In between, we've been on almost all the other lines (15+ cruises), and like each of them for different reasons. We're not too hard to please, but we have experienced some of the lines that make it hard for some people to "go back" to Carnival.

So, last year we booked the Carnival Spirit, with just that, a little Spirit (of good natured adventure!). We didn't have very high expectations but knew that a bad day on the ocean exceeds almost any day on land.

Well, let me tell you that we were blown away! The cabin was about the best cabin we'd ever occupied, and that's in terms of cabinetry, lighitng, layout, bedding, size, etc. It was an extremly pleasant place to be.

The food was WAY above expectations. Most of the items were excellent, some were good and a few were fair, but nothing was unacceptable. Our table mates visited the specialty restaurant and RAVED about it! We thought the dining room food was absolutely fine and didn't see the need to venture out to the fee-based dining.

The ship can seem a little "kooky". It reminded me of an Alice in Wonderland motif. But once you just enjoyed it for what it is, it's kind of amusing.

I certainly don't understand Carnival bashing these days. We LOVED our first cruise and that was when Carnival was "bashable", but we didin't know any better.

I'd book another Carnival cruise any day of the week, and book on the Spirit without hesitation! :D

I sailed the Spirit in March 04 on Her last Caribbean sailing then the repo thru the Canal to the west coast. It was without a doubt the BEST cruise I have EVER been on. The staff was wonderful, the ship fantastic and of course, the itinerary was grand. I had Cat 8I aft for the first leg and was upgrade to Cat 11 aft wrap for the 2nd leg. I still thank the cruise fairy for that one. I actually had people ask me why I moved!!! That Cat 11 was the greatest. It was just to die for!!!! You will have a great time on the Spirit. (I am a die hard fan of RCCL & Celebrity. I sail alot with my family so I do sail Carnival and NCL with Carnival being my pick over NCL)

Hi Sandy ... Can you tell me the perks of the Cat 11 on the Spirit please :) I am contemplating it for my DSO's 70th birthday. Thanks Tink

Hi Sandy ... Can you tell me the perks of the Cat 11 on the Spirit please :) I am contemplating it for my DSO's 70th birthday. Thanks Tink

We have a Cat 11 - aft with a wrap balacony on the Glacier Bay Cruise in Sept. 2008.

The perks include - a whirlpool tub in the room - the cabin is actually 2 separate (with doors) rooms - bedroom & sitting room. As a Cat 11 we were told we got preferential embarktion - they see are tickets & we are wisked to our cabin!! Or so I'm told.

Linda

We have a Cat 11 - aft with a wrap balacony on the Glacier Bay Cruise in Sept. 2008.

The perks include - a whirlpool tub in the room - the cabin is actually 2 separate (with doors) rooms - bedroom & sitting room. As a Cat 11 we were told we got preferential embarktion - they see are tickets & we are wisked to our cabin!! Or so I'm told.

Linda

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your response. We're booked in 9/08 as well. We are NCL fans but I can't see spending 1730 bucks for a butler and a concierge and not see either Vancouver or Glacier Bay. :) Tink

Love all these positive comments....we have a booking held for the Jan. 1 Mexican cruise. I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it or not, as I wanted a longer cruise in the Caribbean, but these comments are very positive!! :)

Love the pictures too!

Archived