Jewelry bargin hunters!

Nitra

Shipping is the same to the US, 10 dollars for first item and then 3 for each after, in one order.

I won a peridot necklace last night that will be perfect with my formal, 65 dollars, I love it and that to me makes it worth that, not sure it is worth the 900 it claims.

I am so excited with my finds. Some very unique pieces. I am struggling to stay off there!

OMG! Yesterday there was a diamond solitaire that sold for over $10,000......the clarity was SO bad, it looked like it had specks of black pepper all over it, and the color was grey....and the retail said it was about $900,000.00!!!!!!!!!! LOL, I kid you not.

I have been watching to see if I can get some little bargain, but no luck yet....they seem to show the same things over and over??

I know some of it cracks me up at what it sells for! OMG I cannot believe some of these people pay for some of the quality.

There are some things they show over and over and other things not so much. There is a ruby necklace I want but have only seen it one time. I am watching for it again!

One thing to beware of, not a huge deal but if you bid and dont win, watch your orders in your profile, it might just show up there. I have had this happen a few times even when I did not win! I emailed them and they told me not to worry about it, just dont pay for them and in 5 days it will go back out for resell again at no penalty.

I was bidding on a couple of things I did not win and then boom they were showing I won them and they were in my orders.. good thing is I really wanted one item, the other things I had decided I no longer really wanted them.

It 's absolutely wild..like a Jerry Springer Jewelery Sale. They actually have some pretty pieces but the diamonds must be industrial diamonds. And if you're Canadian and want to sign up to pay for anything you have to give so much information it's like having a full medical!:) Guess they have had a large amount of credit card fraud and everyone knows how treacherous us Canadians can be!:p:p

I received my items today! I am happy with them for what I paid. They even include price tags for the suggested retail.. LOL They stuff is in bags or those cheap gold color boxes with cotton in them. Pretty funny, at least I did not pay a fortune for anything. I am happy.

I have a paypal account, makes things easier.

I've actually purchased quite a few things at bidz.com last year for my New England/Canada cruise. I won a 14 K white gold pair of earrings for $25, an emerald set 14K gold (necklace, earrings, ring) for $40, a garnet set 14 K gold (necklace, earrings, ring) $38, a 14K white gold band with marquisite (sp?) for $25 and a lovely 14K gold watch for $112.

I usually set what my top price is going to be and if it passes that, I let it go. The watch was the only thing I really really didn't want to let go, so when it hit my $110 someone bid $111, I went back and quickly bid $112 and got it.The other person evidently had $110 as their limit.

I've been really pleased with the items when they arrived. I didn't want to have to pay $100's of dollars but I don't like wearing costume jewelry either. This seemed to fit the bill. They are real gold and gems, even if they aren't top grade, and that's all I care about. New bling without the huge pricetag.

But like Copper6606 I too just bought a new car, so have to quit spending money elsewhere. Ha Ha Ha

I've actually purchased quite a few things at bidz.com last year for my New England/Canada cruise. I won a 14 K white gold pair of earrings for $25, an emerald set 14K gold (necklace, earrings, ring) for $40, a garnet set 14 K gold (necklace, earrings, ring) $38, a 14K white gold band with marquisite (sp?) for $25 and a lovely 14K gold watch for $112.

I usually set what my top price is going to be and if it passes that, I let it go. The watch was the only thing I really really didn't want to let go, so when it hit my $110 someone bid $111, I went back and quickly bid $112 and got it.The other person evidently had $110 as their limit.

I've been really pleased with the items when they arrived. I didn't want to have to pay $100's of dollars but I don't like wearing costume jewelry either. This seemed to fit the bill. They are real gold and gems, even if they aren't top grade, and that's all I care about. New bling without the huge pricetag.

But like Copper6606 I too just bought a new car, so have to quit spending money elsewhere. Ha Ha Ha

Oh I don't agree at all with that philosphy. Who cares if the jewelry is real gold and the stones are real if the stones are poor quality? I would just as soon wear CZ's set in sterling silver and plated with platiumn. (and have) It is less money and it looks good. But amethysts so light they almost look pink or sapphires so dark instead of blue they look black or emeralds full of cracks (now we know even good emeralds will have some inclusions-but I have seen some BAD emeralds) who wants to wear that? but I have had friends who will wear such stuff because they are "real"-but would not be caught dead in a CZ. Not me! Now I won't wear them too guady, I want them a beliable size and I would never lie and say they are diamonds if someone asked me-even though I think that is poor manners when a person does ask that-I see no reason to pretend. That is just how I am. I just love jewelry, plain and simple. As long as it is pretty, I just don't love ugly jewlery!

Well I was really impressed with $10. shipping for first item and $3. for every item thereafter. [thats to Canada] :)

Did you get hit with brokerage fees for coming over the border? We've had some bad experiences in the past, and I'm always leery.

Oh I don't agree at all with that philosphy. Who cares if the jewelry is real gold and the stones are real if the stones are poor quality? I would just as soon wear CZ's set in sterling silver and plated with platiumn. (and have) It is less money and it looks good. But amethysts so light they almost look pink or sapphires so dark instead of blue they look black or emeralds full of cracks (now we know even good emeralds will have some inclusions-but I have seen some BAD emeralds) who wants to wear that? but I have had friends who will wear such stuff because they are "real"-but would not be caught dead in a CZ. Not me! Now I won't wear them too guady, I want them a beliable size and I would never lie and say they are diamonds if someone asked me-even though I think that is poor manners when a person does ask that-I see no reason to pretend. That is just how I am. I just love jewelry, plain and simple. As long as it is pretty, I just don't love ugly jewlery!

I certainly wouldn't be buying jewlery on BIDZ if I wanted high quality top notch stuff. I would go to my local jewelry store where I know the person selling it to me, or at least a real live person to deal with. And I don't spend thousands of dollars on jewelry anyway. I feel it's a bargain to get real stuff on BIDZ at a reasonable price. I don't own any cubic zirconia and wouldn't buy it. My emeralds and garnets I bought don't appear to the naked eye to have any flaws, I'm not a jeweler and probably wouldn't know what to look for anyway. They are pretty in a 14K gold setting and the price was cheap enough that if I lost them or they were stolen, it wouldn't bother me at all. I do have a wedding set valued at $4,000, and a Sapphire with diamonds (a gift, so I don't know the value) that I leave home because I wouldn't want to lose them. The 14K gold watch I bought for $112 has been valued at $500 for insurance purposes, so I'm completely satisfied thus far with BIDZ.

We each have our likes and dislikes. Have fun shopping and wearing the bling!

Goodness didnt mean to start a big thing... I am happy with what I have received. I would not buy expensive on there for anything. I buy it because I like it. Same goes for the caribbean, you buy it because you like it, not because you just want something cheap. If you know your stuff, buy at what you are willing to pay, enjoy it, then that is what matters.

I do laugh when I see what some of these people pay for things on there. I have also gone out and found the same thing online at the homesites. like for the watches or some of the name listed items, just to see what they go for retail and then know if I want it what to max my bid, which I figure is no more than 1/2 of the best retain price. I see some watches on there that retail for 59 dollars, and these people pay into the 100s for them. LOL I have also looked at similar items on Walmart.com and ICE.com, just for comparison for cheap stuff, and get an idea what they are retailing it for and then decide if I want to pay for it. It is all about smart shopping and getting a bargin.

I have a necklace I just won for 9 dollars, it is 50 on most retail sites. I never ship on one item, I wait until I have more than one thing, because you save on the shipping after the first item.

• 3 weeks later...
I certainly wouldn't be buying jewlery on BIDZ if I wanted high quality top notch stuff. I would go to my local jewelry store where I know the person selling it to me, or at least a real live person to deal with. And I don't spend thousands of dollars on jewelry anyway. I feel it's a bargain to get real stuff on BIDZ at a reasonable price. I don't own any cubic zirconia and wouldn't buy it. My emeralds and garnets I bought don't appear to the naked eye to have any flaws, I'm not a jeweler and probably wouldn't know what to look for anyway. They are pretty in a 14K gold setting and the price was cheap enough that if I lost them or they were stolen, it wouldn't bother me at all. I do have a wedding set valued at $4,000, and a Sapphire with diamonds (a gift, so I don't know the value) that I leave home because I wouldn't want to lose them. The 14K gold watch I bought for $112 has been valued at $500 for insurance purposes, so I'm completely satisfied thus far with BIDZ.

We each have our likes and dislikes. Have fun shopping and wearing the bling!

I was not trying to insult you and no need to brag about having a wedding set worth $4000-that is very little for good diamonds.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a jeweler, so all I can go by is what they say and 14K is stamped in the watch, rings, earrings, etc that I have bought from them. The garnets, and emeralds may even be synthetic, I don't really know. But I know I got them at a decent price and I'm not afraid to wear them while cruising to Rome, Naples, Venice, Kusadasi, Santorini, Mykonos or anywhere else I may travel. If I lose them or they are stolen, it won't be a great loss.

And I wasn't bragging, only stating that I do have nicer stuff that cost a little more than the $35-50 bucks I buy stuff on BIDZ for.

I've never worn my wedding rings when I travel. They are always left at home in the safe. But I do want to wear jewelry when I travel. I sometimes even buy from the ports I go to, like St. Martin and St. Thomas, so not all my jewelry comes from BIDZ. Even went to the 50% off sale on my last cruise to New England/Canada and got a nice buy right on the ship. If I like it, I buy it. Doesn't have to be the Hope diamond to satisfy me, but it does have to be 14K.

Man, I worked too hard for that big old rock to leave it at home. :D :D

That being said, I do tend to leave all my jewelry in the cabin safe when going ashore as is advised by most cruise lines and is just really common sense.

I just bought

a_18958887 Nice Earrings With 1.00ctw Genuine Opals Beautifully Designed in Solid 925 Sterling silver $22.00

sco_596613 Wonderful Earrings With Genuine 7.00mm Tahitian Pearls in Solid 925 Sterling silver $11.00

Shipping is expensive, though.

The problem I found Amber is that the pictures are very deceiving. The stones look large but in reality they are quite small and the stones in the rings are set poorly. I did order a Murano Glass necklace and it was beautiful. So I guess the trick might be to stay with the name brand pieces. I returned most of what I had purchased and yes the shipping and the duty(Canada) was expensive. Hope you are more satisfied with your pieces. The bidding part was fun.:)

Yeah, I sorta sloppily bid, secretly hoping that I would lose. hehe..

I thought I would give it a shot, though. I'm trying to change up my earrings since I only wear the same silver hoops over and over every day.

I love tahitian pearls and opal.. so we will see! here is pics of what I got:

61.jpg

21.jpg

I just scored a couple of fun pieces!

86.jpg Bought this because the dice represent something for me (long story!). I got this for $10.

24.jpg I love amethyst (purple is my favorite color) and I scored this for $20.

Both are 925 Sterling Silver. I love bargain shopping! :D

PS---I like the earrings, Amber! :)

Archived