Does Carnival offer in-room coffeemakers?

JHCALLAHAN

Oh, if you like it STRONG, you may love Carnival's coffee. :eek: :eek:

I find it hard to drink the coffee on the Lido. For some reason, the coffee in the dining room is a lot better. And don't forget the specialty coffee shop which makes some good stuff!

I also bring along my own "in-room coffee maker", my DH who will go to the specialty coffee place for me. And we are striving to pack less and less each trip so something so bulky would never be caught in my suitcase! Gee...no iron, curling iron, flat iron or candles either! :p

I carry it in my carry on when flying. The screeners give me some odd looks sometimes but have never had any other problems. I keep expecting to have to brew some at the security checkpoints so they'll no it isn't a bomb is disguise!:p I can generally take whatever comes long as I have a couple cups of 40 weight in the morning.

JHC;) (Who might leave it at home if I could train my DW to go get the #$%& coffee!)

Thanks Jessemon!

I just went to Carnivals website and did as you suggested, and coffeemakers ARE NOT on their list of prohibited items! YEEEHAAAWW!! I think I'll try taking my little coffee maker. If they confiscate it I'll be out about 12 whole dollars:D .

I'm sure it seems silly to you non-coffee snobs, but we can be downright anal about our coffee.:o We like it about twice as strong as most folks, and most restaurant coffee we get ranges somewhere between barely tolerable to downright nasty!. It's extremely rare to get coffee we actually like, so we just make our own. I carry the little coffee pot on airlines and 'bout EVERYWHERE we go, cuz if I can't get a decent cup of joe in the morning it 'bout trashes the whole day! I got real tired of having to get dressed and go traipsing all over big Las Vegas hotels to get some coffee, paying thru the nose for it, then sometimes it's even INSTANT!!:eek: . So I'll just wag my little coffee pot around with me, thank you very much!

Thanks for the responses, and fair winds to all.

JHC

Glad I could help....No offense but I don't know if it is a good thing to take one with you.

Ships move and roll...and I am sure you will be careful...."But" there is always that "but"....

I like coffee when I drink it stong.......If I wanted to drink tea....I would...;)

I do this in cabin if I want coffee first AM. Something to eat that is lite and coffee with "Espresso" on the side. Mix it and it works....

I can't see getting pizzed if they takke the coffee maker.......

The other thing that was mentioned the othe day on a thread I go to is.....I guess people can put these type of items all together. George Foreman grills...microwaves....toaster ovens.....coffee makers.....irons....and so on and so on.....

I guess it is a sfety issue. Instead of Cruiselines listing what we can't take....they should list only what you can take.....when it comes to appliences......;)

have traveled with us in the past. The French press is less bulky and we can get hot water from room service but bring our favorite blend. It also works in the dining room. First time we brought an imersion heater but hot water deleivered is easier.

I hope the coffee on the Legend is good and strong - hate that weak watered-down stuff!

We were on the Legend in Jan. and the lido coffee early in the AM was excellent!! DW sleeps in so I had tea delivered before I went to the gym, I went to the gym, grabbed some coffe after my workout. Really nice to sit out on lido aft that early in the morning, 3 other older gentlemen out there with me. asked one of them if he heard that, he asked what? I said exactly, silence. I need to book another cruise!!!

I am the in room coffee maker. DW says go to the Lido and get me coffee, and I do.

LOL! man after my own heart. my DH does this for me sometimes too. he is just "w/ the program" earlier than me.:p i need that first cup to be snapped into the day.:D

Jessemon,

Not to worry. I'm usually sitting there salivating like Pavlov's dog waiting for it to get finished.:D I won't let it turn over! And I unplug coffeemakers when done, even at home. Buddy of mine is a firefighter and has told me how many houses coffeemakers burn down.

Su amigo,

JHC

Archived