Zuiderdam problem may have a problem

TWELVEOHONE

Their were a couple times she complained about the vibrations and I just looked at her and said what vibrations ???

LOL ... that's like my parents. The Volendam would tremble or shudder and mom would grab her arm rests and go "woo."

Dad would look at her and say "what?"

"Didn't you feel that?"

"No."

"It didn't feel too good."

And Dad will laugh, turn to me, and say: "And that comes from a woman who finds high seas fun!"

True. Mom doesn't mind the ship slamming and major yaw and pitch motions, but give her a shimmer or a tremble or a vibration at the table and she freaks. :D Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that she lived for a while in California, and went through a couple of strong quakes :D

The Volendam is a lovely and quite stable ship. But ... she IS a ship ... and, as with any large moving vehicle there will sometimes be vibrations. In the case of the Volendam's "tremor," it was felt on the lower level of the main dining room at our table in the center section, just forward of the captain's table, underneath the band loft. In even my mother's opinion it wasn't "bad," but she didn't like it nevertheless. At most, periodically the sliver would rattle, classes of water would get little waves in them, and we'd get a laugh out of it. It never lasted for long, but it would periodically repeat.

I hope you'll love the Volendam. In my opinion, she's a wonderful, lovely ship and with a fantastic deck-layout and a very good crew.

Thanks revneal. Our daughter didn't like the dining room vibes on the Zui, but I think we are going to change our booking to a lower table for the Volendam and it doesn't sound like it was too bad. I want the "1st late" seating, which I believe is on the lower level.

Archived