Kusadasi Shore Excursions

AZqueen

:confused: Help!! I'm so new at this and am having lots of problems with searches!! Need info. on Kusadasi and Istanbul, as well as Athens. Think I have my problems solved for Italy! Thanks bunches to all of you. Everytime I do a search, I end up with all kinds of information that I don't need, and can't find what I want.:(

We are staying in Barcelona for 3 nights pre-cruise at Royal Ramblas departing on 9/26/07 Emerald Princess. Would like to meet up with some of you.

Did you try to go to the Ports of Call board and scroll to those countries. That might help. Also I have done Google search. That is a big help. Also go to the member review section and scroll to the last year itiinieries. I have done that many times. Also if you have not join your Roll Call group. You would be surprised how your fellow cruisers can help you or give ideas. Also go to other roll calls that have the same itiniery either the weeks before or after your cruise. You will find all of these forums on what I call the tAble of Contents.

Marilyn

:confused: Help!! I'm so new at this and am having lots of problems with searches!! Need info. on Kusadasi and Istanbul, as well as Athens. Think I have my problems solved for Italy! Thanks bunches to all of you. Everytime I do a search, I end up with all kinds of information that I don't need, and can't find what I want.:(

We are staying in Barcelona for 3 nights pre-cruise at Royal Ramblas departing on 9/26/07 Emerald Princess. Would like to meet up with some of you.

Hi

I will be at the same port of calls on 5/29 out of Barcelona.

I need tour info and some people suggested roll call but I\m new to the site and not sure where to go. Also. I need a hotel in venice. Any ideas?

Last summer we visited Kusadasi on the Grand Princess. It was fantastic! We took the ship's tour to the shrine of the Virgin Mary which was powerful. We continued to the ruins of Kusadasi and then to the Basilicia of St. John. In every way, this was a great tour. It was supposed to be four hours, but since our guide liked to talk!!!, it took an extra hour. We returned to the ship for lunch and then ventured out to the Grand Bazar. Would highly recommend this. We did not stop in Instanbul, so can't help here. However, in 2002 while stopping in Athens, we took a taxi to Placka and then walked to the Acropolis. Have a great trip. It is awesome.

O.K. where you go is go back to what I call the table of Contents and where you found this princess site and scroll down to the Ports of Call board and find the countries. In there you can also find info on hotels there or if not just start a thread. The Roll calls are also on the Table of Contents page. Just scroll and look around. Hit the Princess Roll Calls and then your ship and then find the date. If there is no roll call started just start one. Make sure you read on that page on how to set it up. It is very easy.

Marilyn

abc..

Hi we have an active roll call with great folks. Go to princess roll calls on the main board screen then go to Emerald princess. Then click on our date the post was startrd by Melissa. We are usually near the top. We have a nice meet and greet scheduled and some folks have room left on private tours. Hope to see you in the roll call if not on the ship....

We did a similar itinerary two years ago on Brilliance of the Seas. In most ports we did a private tour and I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to see more, with less people, at a great price - many times considerably less than the ships' tours.

The Virgin Mary's house and the ruins of Ephesus are absolute essentials...the coolest thing is the brothel behind the library..."Yeah, honey, gonna go read now..."

For Istanbul, you should do the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, and the spice market. There are plenty of private tour availabilities.

Athens: Duh. Acropolis, Mt. Olympus, Olympic stadium. If you feel like creating some culture shock, two blocks behind the Hotel Intercontinental in Athens is one of the best Italian places I've ever been to. Also pick yourself up some Peloponessiakos wine...works out less than $5US, but it's a very fun and fruity white.

The Virgin Mary's house and the ruins of Ephesus are absolute essentials...the coolest thing is the brothel behind the library..."Yeah, honey, gonna go read now..."

For Istanbul, you should do the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, and the spice market. There are plenty of private tour availabilities.

Athens: Duh. Acropolis, Mt. Olympus, Olympic stadium. If you feel like creating some culture shock, two blocks behind the Hotel Intercontinental in Athens is one of the best Italian places I've ever been to. Also pick yourself up some Peloponessiakos wine...works out less than $5US, but it's a very fun and fruity white.

We skipped Ehpesus cause we were tired of ruins by the time we got to that part of our cruise and regretted it after we talked to our table mates that night. They raved about how interesting it was and were so glad they had visited. Oh well, I got a Turkish Rug instead and shopping for that was an experience I couldn't have gotten on a tour! :) If you're interested in buying one - or even just looking - don't be afraid of the vendors. The ones we came across were very nice. It is tradition for them to offer Apple Tea. Accepting their offer gives you no obligation of buying - and it's delicious too!

For Athens, if you see a neighborhood bakery ask if they have Triangles of Thesolniki (sp?). This is what the lady told me they were called. Light pastry triangles that were filled when we bought them (not ahead of time) with the best cream/custard filling I've ever had! And don't forget the Plaka. It's a little touristy but we still enjoyed it. There is a shop of only Ouzo and it's sold in aluminum "bottles." Sorry, don't remember the name. Good for bringing back home cause you don't have the weight of the glass.

For Istanbul, add to the list Haija Sofia. Outstanding visit. And visit and shop the Grand Bazaar. What a place!

I recommend going on tours in Istanbul. I think you'll get so much more out of what you are seeing. Enjoy!

Archived