Chubby's Party Cruise from New Orleans

Taters

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else coming along? This is going to be one great time!

Taters

Wouldn't miss it !!! Already booked but I got to see Chubby Friday the 27th @ Famous Dave's in Minneapolis MN. We got there a few minutes after the music started and WOW!! the dance floor was hooping. I've never seen more than a handful of people out on the dance floor before the second set starts (after people have a chance to mellow out...) but the music just pulled them up and away. Loved the way they got the kids up on stage to play with them. What a fun band!!! I can tell we are just going to have the best time on Chubby's cruise. Can't wait. Already starting to plan for my "costumes". Chubby handed out Schedules for Theme nights. Don't see them listed on his site or Travelmachine so I'll give you a sneak peek:

Sat. PreCruise Party - New Orleans La

Sun. Meet & Greet Night

Mon. Monday Night Party (Funky Hat Night)

Tue. 70's Costume Party & Soul Train Night

Wed. Sugar Daddy & Sugar Mama's Night (Dress up like Hugh Hefner & a Playboy Bunny)

Thur. Mardi Gras Night (Bring your Costumes)

Fri. Caribbean Night (Dress Up Tropical Style)

Sat. Hold It While I Beat It Instrument Night (Create your own instrument. Bring your shakers, tamborines or your very own homemade instrument).

Sounds fantastic !!! You can also join in the late night jam sessions.

Find me....(I'll be the gray-haired lady out on the dance floor)....and I'll save you a dance.

Gloria.

Wouldn't miss it !!! Already booked but I got to see Chubby Friday the 27th @ Famous Dave's in Minneapolis MN. We got there a few minutes after the music started and WOW!! the dance floor was hooping. I've never seen more than a handful of people out on the dance floor before the second set starts (after people have a chance to mellow out...) but the music just pulled them up and away. Loved the way they got the kids up on stage to play with them. What a fun band!!! I can tell we are just going to have the best time on Chubby's cruise. Can't wait. Already starting to plan for my "costumes". Chubby handed out Schedules for Theme nights. Don't see them listed on his site or Travelmachine so I'll give you a sneak peek:

Sat. PreCruise Party - New Orleans La

Sun. Meet & Greet Night

Mon. Monday Night Party (Funky Hat Night)

Tue. 70's Costume Party & Soul Train Night

Wed. Sugar Daddy & Sugar Mama's Night (Dress up like Hugh Hefner & a Playboy Bunny)

Thur. Mardi Gras Night (Bring your Costumes)

Fri. Caribbean Night (Dress Up Tropical Style)

Sat. Hold It While I Beat It Instrument Night (Create your own instrument. Bring your shakers, tamborines or your very own homemade instrument).

Sounds fantastic !!! You can also join in the late night jam sessions.

Find me....(I'll be the gray-haired lady out on the dance floor)....and I'll save you a dance.

Gloria.

Oh Gloria! I'm so glad that you found this thread!!!! Kevin and I are sooooo excited to sail with Chubbs and the BSB. We are some of his biggest fans and wouldn't miss this cruise for anything. We've been booked since December. We first found Chubby and the Bayou Swamp Band at Tipitina's in NOLA in January of 2001... Since then we've seen them in Florida (November, 2002) and in Palmer, Alaska (February, 2005). If we lived closer to them, we'd see them in action much more often! Can't wait to sail and spend an entire week on board. This is the best live act on the planet, not to mention the nicest people!

Chubby has emailed me that list of theme nights on several occasions... I am thinking that every night is party night. Period! We're not ones for dressing up in costume, but we'll see what happens once on board and we let it all catch up with us! Like I told Chubby, we'll come in clothes - He can count on that! Hahaha

I am counting down the days!

Annie

I have a few questions for you:

Is this your first NCL cruise? It's a first for us, and the reviews that I've read on Spirit have all been very upbeat.

Have you been to Belize or Guatemala before? We've been to Costa Maya once and to Cozumel umpteen times. I am looking forwad to new places as well as old haunts. We love to go snorkeling and so this will be a great cruise for that!

Have you been on a group cruise before? This is a first for us, and I think that it is going to outshine all of those other cruises because of the fantastic music and the gang that will be on board for that.

I hope that lots of folks find this thread and that we can "wait it out" together! We've traveled to the Western Caribbean many times before in January and feel that it's the perfect time to go!

Cheers!

Annie

Previously, I’d traveled only on Carnival. In January 2007, I was lucky enough to be aboard The Legendary Blues Cruise out of Fort Lauderdale on Holland America’s Westerdam. We hit many ports I’d never been to but, as I’m sure we’ll find on this cruise too, the music was #1. Holland America was one step above the Carnival ships I’ve been on (fresh water in the pool instead of salt water, bathtubs & showers instead of just showers, etc….). Am looking forward to checking out NCL to see how it stacks up.

Do think about dressing-up. You can do something as simple as adding a boa or as elaborate as becoming a Vegas Show Girl. I had soooo..much fun dressing-up for the theme nights on LBC. It just makes it more fun for everyone (party goers & party givers).

Have never been to Guatemala but the others are some of my favorites. Hoping Chubby will have some special music planned for us in each port as well as aboard the ship.

Waiting “is” the hard part but, for me, planning & anticipation are almost as fun as the cruise itself.

Annie…Can’t wait to meet you and Kevin.

Anyone interested in joining us, please check-out Chubby’s site: www.chubbycarrier.com or

www.travelmachine.net

Book now and join us for great people, great music, & great fun at a GREAT price!!

How can you lose???? Come on along and find out what a Chubby Party is all about

;-)…..

Gloria.

I am envious that you've gotten to go on the LBC... That's something I've always wanted to do, but our schedule has not permitted. I am looking forward to sailing on HAL sometime in the future. Their mid-size ships are very appealing to me.

I would be thrilled if there are group shore excursions/sailing and snorkeling parties/beach parties, etc. planned for this cruise. I would definately participate! Maybe as our sail away date draws near, plans will be made in that direction.

Can't wait to meet you! How many days 'til we sail?

Annie

• 3 weeks later...
We're going on the LRBC, which sails the week before Chubby's cruise. Wish we could do both! The Radiators cruise is the same week as the LRBC! Maybe next year.

Wouldn't that be great if you COULD do both! This is going to be one fantastic time! We're looking forward to sailing with Chubby and the BSB in a big way. Have a great time on the LRBC!

Annie

• 8 months later...

The first one was a blast, but the second one will be even better! This will be on the Carnival Conquest from Galveston Feburary 15, 2009. We'll be visiting Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Of course the main attraction will be Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band! Josh Garrett and the Bottom Line will be on board again as well as Biscuit Miller and the Mix. A 4th band will be announced at a later date.

This is going to be one great time!

Taters

Archived