Looking for LynnAB--met you on here a few

years ago and was wondering if your son is still interested in pharmacy?

Oh, my! It's funny, but I think about you often!!! We're been going through some tough times school wise. Edward didn't get accepted into his dual admissions for grad school for pharmacy because of the PCAT. He had all the other requirements and is a good student and a really, really good person. He would be an asset to the career. We were kind of stunned and hitting our heads against a brick wall because he didn't know which way to go. At this point he's continuing towards his B.S. in Biology. He needs 22 more credits to graduate, so he's following that path. I guess we'll see from there. He's dedicated, so hopefully all will work out.

How are YOU????????? We're going on the inaugural of the Liberty, and I always expect to run into you again on one of these boards writing about a future cruise.

Please keep in touch, and I'll do the same!

Thank you for writing and caring ...

Lynn

nowadays. They are turning away so many qualified applicants. It is a good thing I got in when I did! Most schools are leaning toward applicants with 4 year degrees now. He is doing the right thing. Hopefully everything will work out for him. He should apply to plenty of schools. Honestly, there is so much of a shortage of pharmacists, employers don't care where you go to school. Anyway, my family is in deep depression. We can only afford to go on a cruise every other year. This is our off year. Next year will be postponed a year so my 10th grader can have a "graduation cruise". We will probably do Freedom or Liberty in 2009 if my family doesn't kill me before then due to no cruises for 3 years! Maybe someday we will all meet.

We need to definitely keep in touch. Maybe our two families will meet on a future Liberty or Freedom cruise. We're hoping to do one of the two next year (if I work a lot of extra time). We've done the western route three years in a row counting this year, so we're looking towards eastern next year. I like both Liberty and Freedom because they have three days at sea, which I love, love, love.

Your family will love you again if you do a graduation cruise. That's for sure <g>.

I'll have to let you know how Liberty compares with Freedom. I'm expecting they'll be very similar. One of our main reasons for going on the inaugural of Liberty is we want to cruise with Ken Rush, the CD, again. We thought he was great.

Please do keep in touch!!! It was great hearing from you.

Lynn

Lynn,

Have your son check out schools in the Midwest - Midatlantic region. We have had several new colleges of pharmacy open, so things aren't quite as tight. Most schools are not looking for grads with 4 year degrees.

I know the weather may not be as great as in sunny Florida, but if he really wants to get into pharmacy school, he might want to consider it.

Pharmacy is a great career - I've had my PharmD for 20+ years and now do consulting.

or summer of 2009. You will love the Eastern. St Thomas is our favorite port beside Grand Cayman. We also like El Morro in San Juan. If you go Eastern and go to St Thomas, consider doing a tour with Godfrey. We had a great time.

or summer of 2009. You will love the Eastern. St Thomas is our favorite port beside Grand Cayman. We also like El Morro in San Juan. If you go Eastern and go to St Thomas, consider doing a tour with Godfrey. We had a great time.

Actually, St. Thomas is OUR favorite port, too. We've just been in the Western Caribbean mode because of the particular cruises we wanted to be on. Next year, God willing, we'll do Eastern again. I like that route much better than the Western (or maybe I've just done the Western enough for now).

Archived