mariner docking in san juan

I will be interested to know too. What I do know is that when the departure port is SJ it is from the Pan American, but when we were on Explorer and it was part of the itinerary we were at the pier in town. I hope that will be the case for Mariner.

I didn't even know that the Mariner was going to San Juan. :confused:

Yup, it changed from CocoCay to San Juan for next year. Which is why we changed from Eastern to Western for next year. You don't get to San Juan until 3:oo the second afternoon out. Now that seems like two sea days then a few hours in San Juan then two port days then two sea days.

Four sea days on a 7night cruise seems like a lot of time on the ship; ok with me but DH gets stir crazy "he calls it the Heavy Geevys" so we switched to a more port intensive itenerary. Just my 2cents worth:p

You will dock in old San Juan.

Judi :)

We pulled in to Old San juan Pier #2 during our cruise when Coco Cay was cancelled due to weather. We also docked at pier 1 last year on Millennium. I did see cruise ships at Pan American pier but I did not recognize what lines or ships. RCI and Celebrity pull into Old San Juan. :D

The Pan American Pier is usually reserved for the Home Port Ships in San Juan (Serenade, Adventure, Empress etc. . . )

Your ship will most likely dock in Old San Juan. . . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We docked in Old San Juan when we sailed Mariner Eastern route and missed Coco Cay due to weather...

We were really disappointed... You get to SJ around 3 so that limits what you can do... we didn't feel safe wandering around SJ at night... There were 5 other ships docked that day so the streets were really crowded.

I was sad to see that they took Coco Cay off of the Eastern itinerary for next year which is why we also booked the Western route.

Does anyone know why they took Coco Cay off the itinerary??

Archived