Partitions between balconies

tootsie 2

Bungee Cord was about 24" long. We had to find creative ways to connect it but we managed.

I'll see if I can find a picture.

Cool, thanks. 24 inch bungee, mainly cuz the hooks make it easier to hang somewhere. A rope would require too much creativity. Got it.

I thought I read somewhere here that if you wish to open the doors between rooms on balcony, they can be hooked to the wall and thus not needing a cord.

I am interested in this proposition for the Crown on the caribe deck. Otherwise, I guess its bungee cord for us. :)

on the coral, the doors were locked in an open position and did not sway back and forth. On the dawn, we needed to secure the open door...at least once, it swung against the cabin wall and wedged there, preventing us from opening the sliding glass door in one of the cabins!

Boy I'm glad you jumped in with that. We have sailed both the Dawn & Sun several times with a group of cabins lined up and have always opened the doors between the balconys.

Cabins adjacent the fire walls are the only ones to be avoided.

does anyone know how to tell where the fire walls are - are they the cabins near the fire doors (as seen in corridors on deck plans)??? We are going on the Sun does anyone know whether we will need the bungee cords or can they be locked open??? would really appreciate any info

Jane

does anyone know how to tell where the fire walls are - are they the cabins near the fire doors (as seen in corridors on deck plans)??? We are going on the Sun does anyone know whether we will need the bungee cords or can they be locked open??? would really appreciate any info

I love cruising Princess for this very reason!

We were on the Sun in cabins B730,722,720,714,712 and we didn't know it at that time but there are solid partitions. There was one between 722 and 720, which is not a fire door area, also, between 714 and 712.

On the deck plans you will see doors in the hallway, that is your fire door and they have solid partitions thru out the ship.

Call Princess directly and they can tell you exactly where they are. They knew about the solid partitions between 722 and 720 but not 714 and 712. Of course, I called after our cruise, too late, but will be ready for the next one. Princess will be very hopeful for you. They actually were going to contact the ship and check our cabins for our next encounter on Princess.

Most important - YES - you will need a bungee cord. I just pick one up at the grocery store.

The OldGrayMare

OldGrayMare thanks so much for your response - I rang Princess (for peace of mind - it would severely impact on our enjoyment of this cruise - 30 days 2 young dds with us!) and they have said the balconies do have doors which open - just hope their information is accurate!

Thanks, Old Gray Mare. DH and I booked with my parents today on the Sun... in Baja 712 and 714. Your timely advice allowed us to change. Mom called the TA to move -- and she got us Baja 720 and 722 ... Ha, Ha. Next try... We're up to Aloha 715 & 717.

Anyone know of any issues with this partition being opened? It wouldn't surprise me if these are the same way... since they are on the opposite side of the ship at about the same position. Is there anyone with experience in these cabins?

Archived