First week of May

BLONDIE35

we will be sailing the very first week of May.... May 5-12 I know several people talk about later in the month but I am concerned about the very first sailing to Alaska. Will all the shops and tourist stuff be open or is this is consisered the off season and things won't be going on? I know in the 48 contiguous states if you try to vacation on early in may you always get the run around that its not after memorial day so nothing is fully operational yet. I like to go in early May on vacation to avoid the extra people who have to wait until the kids are out of school. Also, will the weather be terribly cold this early in May? and rainy?:confused:

I went a week earlier last year, and won't cruise in that timeframe again, unless real cheap - like that cruise was. :) Be well prepared in your attire. We had 6 days of rain. You can not predict the weather however.

Most stuff will be fully up and running.

Frankly, you do not have to worry about kids and Alaska no matter when you go. Overall far far fewer compared to the Caribbean. Shiips also sail full, so the "extra" people will be there anyways. Just about all the cruiselines are sailing by your timeframe.

Archived