Infinity 4/8 sailing review 14 days hawaii

melika091900

I want to start this by saying this was the best vacation and cruise weve been on ever...

I know there were alot of negative things going on with weather , iten changes, etc... but this cruise was nothing but perfect...

The service was great

food was great.

rooms were clean and spacious,

stateroom attendants , everyone was soooo nice, weve never beeen treated so good on any cruiseline ...

I just wanted to post this since I know there are many passengers who are mad about being late to san diego today etc etc.. i just have to say celebrity handled this very well...

I will post more detail about the trip tomorrow

goodnight, we just got home from our 8 hr drive from san diego,,

melissa

We totally agree with Melissa. We were on the April 8 Infinity to Hawaii and felt this was the best of all our cruises. My husband enjoyed the opportunity to play bridge and take lessons. We also enjoyed dancing to the Celebrity orchestra with its big brass section. That was so much fun. I also like the classical pianist, that was a real treat. Meeting the people that I have been corresponding with for months was a plus. Sure there were some negatives like trying to change plane reservations in the middle of the Pacific and Celebrity should have handled this better. But sometimes things happen and I refuse to let one thing spoil a fantastic time especially since Celebrity is paying the costs for changing our tickets plus extra. I have been up for over 24 hours and will write a more coherent review later.

It great to hear both posters make lemonade out of lemons, and it didn't ruin their vacations.

Karyn

exactly..i would never let things like that ruin what im paying for to enjoy :D

there were alot of people on there griping, ive never seen people saying " wait until my lawyer calls them " and yadda yadda yadda

I was thinking to myself,

man enjoy your vacation while your on it ,, dont let nothing get in the way of that, but i know some people arent ever satisfied,,,

take care everyone

melissa

It great to hear both posters make lemonade out of lemons, and it didn't ruin their vacations.

Karyn

Now, I will tell you how we did just that. My husband and I are still chuckling about this. My dh was playing bridge while I was standing in a really long non moving line to use the phone and change our airplane tickets. After awhile, I just asked them for American Airlines phone number and decided to use my cell phone. I don't know why, but I had one of the few working cell phones in the middle of the Pacific. I asked the gentleman that I had been conversing with for a couple of hours while in line if he would just like to come with me and use my phone. So, here is the mental picture. My husband walks into our room after an afternoon of having fun playing bridge and there he finds me with a man in the room with money lying on the bed that the gentleman had placed there to pay for the cell phone minutes he had just used on my phone. It was really funny.:D

Now, I will tell you how we did just that. My husband and I are still chuckling about this. My dh was playing bridge while I was standing in a really long non moving line to use the phone and change our airplane tickets. After awhile, I just asked them for American Airlines phone number and decided to use my cell phone. I don't know why, but I had one of the few working cell phones in the middle of the Pacific. I asked the gentleman that I had been conversing with for a couple of hours while in line if he would just like to come with me and use my phone. So, here is the mental picture. My husband walks into our room after an afternoon of having fun playing bridge and there he finds me with a man in the room with money lying on the bed that the gentleman had placed there to pay for the cell phone minutes he had just used on my phone. It was really funny.:D

Too funny! I doubt you will ever forget that...

Karyn

Now that is funny Pisces. I can just imagine how funny that lloked and especially with money all over the bed. Now that made my day. I am so glad you had a great cruise in spite of some minor problems.

Marilyn

Now that is what I call a holiday memory!!

I am sure you will dine out on that story for a few months

I am also impressed that your DH was calmy playing bridge and not getting overheated in the situation.

I am so glad you had a great trip

A

We totally agree with Melissa. We were on the April 8 Infinity to Hawaii and felt this was the best of all our cruises. My husband enjoyed the opportunity to play bridge and take lessons. We also enjoyed dancing to the Celebrity orchestra with its big brass section. That was so much fun. I also like the classical pianist, that was a real treat. Meeting the people that I have been corresponding with for months was a plus. Sure there were some negatives like trying to change plane reservations in the middle of the Pacific and Celebrity should have handled this better. But sometimes things happen and I refuse to let one thing spoil a fantastic time especially since Celebrity is paying the costs for changing our tickets plus extra. I have been up for over 24 hours and will write a more coherent review later.

How should Celebrity handled the changing of plane tickets better? Things happen people just got to go with it. You and Melissa have great attitudes, I like that. Sometimes it pays to do air with the cruiseline. something to think about. For those people who had air with the cruiseline they did all the work.

Now that is what I call a holiday memory!!

I am sure you will dine out on that story for a few months

I am also impressed that your DH was calmy playing bridge and not getting overheated in the situation.

I am so glad you had a great trip

A

We were on the Hawaii Halloween cruise with you on the Summit. You probably don't remember us, but we had my 90 year old FIL confined to a wheel chair with us. We will be on the Infinity leaving from SF on 05-07-07 to Alaska, so we have been keeping a close eye on ship problems.

It sounds like everyone had a interesting time on last Hawaii cruise. Glad to see that the ones that have posted, had a good attitude and enjoyed themselves. We plan on having good time no matter what happens, but I don't hope I catch my wife in the room with a stange man. That was very funny.

Marilyn Good hearing from you on this board, promise I will post more on our board.

Bill

When my husband and I read that Infinity was going to be late in San Diego, we asked each other, why couldn't that have happened to us just two weeks ago? We would have loved to have our vacation extended a little longer!

Glad you had fun!

Donna

When my husband and I read that Infinity was going to be late in San Diego, we asked each other, why couldn't that have happened to us just two weeks ago? We would have loved to have our vacation extended a little longer!

Glad you had fun!

Donna

yeah the only bad thing was at 1p everything closed , no food, no water no nothing , ,

and our scheduled time to get off was 430p, i was like ,, ok,,, what can we drink??

but at least we had a case of choc covered macademia nuts.. LOL so we didnt starve,,

and another thing was our car was parked at the port,, i was like thinking cant we just jump off and get in the car and start our 8 hr drive home LOL .. it was still the best cruise weve taken, i wish we could do it again next year.. :)

Hi Bill

Remember you well - and your dear father in law. I think the Hawaii trips are always time sensitive - remember we could not board when planned as Summit was late in.

We are off on the Eastern Med trip on 19 May and are really looking forward to it. Our Alaska trip on Infinity was great - hope you have a safe and diversion free cruise

A

Finally got home at 2:30 in the am this morning. Got some sleep and unpacked. I was curious to see how my friends are doing.

Louise,

Jeff and I laughed so hard about your little story. Yes, I can see how that scene could cause Steve to raise an eyebrow.

Melissa,

I completely agree with you. That was the best vacation we have EVER had! The food and service were beyond exceptional and the few minor things that did go wrong have already been forgotten. I had such a great time that there is no way I could let a few bumps in the road ruin our experiences. By the way, tell Ice Jeff says "Meehaw!"

Celeste

Finally got home at 2:30 in the am this morning. Got some sleep and unpacked. I was curious to see how my friends are doing.

Louise,

Jeff and I laughed so hard about your little story. Yes, I can see how that scene could cause Steve to raise an eyebrow.

Melissa,

I completely agree with you. That was the best vacation we have EVER had! The food and service were beyond exceptional and the few minor things that did go wrong have already been forgotten. I had such a great time that there is no way I could let a few bumps in the road ruin our experiences. By the way, tell Ice Jeff says "Meehaw!"

Celeste

ice says he will never forget meehaw,,

that was hilarious, later that night some guy at the pursers desk said to me and ice, " i like that game you were all playing it looked like fun " i said it was and we werent even drinking LOL ..

i still have my cold, it turned into a sinus infection now , IM so mad, i hate getting that crap,

yeah we got home sunday at 1am , so really monday LOL ..

so sad,,

send me an email melissaofoia@sbcglobal.net

i have my pics posted already on my webshots link so you can see them

take care and keep in touch for sure

melissa

We had the best time (as always). We loved the food, the dancing, the service, and the ship. The upcoming dry dock will make everything like new again as there were a few areas that needed updating, but nothing to detract from a wonderful two week cruise. The United States Restaurant was as spectacular as it was last year (so we went twice).

We loved getting an extra day on the ship and did not even start packing till Monday morning before getting off. That gave us an extra sea day without having to be depressed about, and spend time packing. Having an overnight in San Diego was a bonus too. It was the quickest disembarcation I've experienced. Celebrity really handled the situation great in our opinion. There was nothing they could have done to speed us along as far as I could tell. I know there was lots of grumbling but it did not sour our mood or trip. The staff was their exceptional selves and made us feel pampered the whole time. David

We had the best time (as always). We loved the food, the dancing, the service, and the ship. The upcoming dry dock will make everything like new again as there were a few areas that needed updating, but nothing to detract from a wonderful two week cruise. The United States Restaurant was as spectacular as it was last year (so we went twice).

We loved getting an extra day on the ship and did not even start packing till Monday morning before getting off. That gave us an extra sea day without having to be depressed about, and spend time packing. Having an overnight in San Diego was a bonus too. It was the quickest disembarcation I've experienced. Celebrity really handled the situation great in our opinion. There was nothing they could have done to speed us along as far as I could tell. I know there was lots of grumbling but it did not sour our mood or trip. The staff was their exceptional selves and made us feel pampered the whole time. David

totally agree !!!! this cruise was great... im already having withdrawls from getting off, i miss it sooo much.. all the sea days were wonderful....

and i think also that getting off the ship was fast, they even called us 1 hr early than expected.. they handled it as well as they could, i cant imagine how much crap they heard the night before we got home, or the letters they are getting now... i know they tried and did what they could to accomidate everyone...

any pics yet ??? mine are on my webshots link

post yours when you get a chance

gosh i sure do miss the food....

melissa

Melissa,

I was just looking at your pics and I noticed you didn't really have anything for Kona? Did you guys do much in Kona? I know your mom didn't get on the tenders.

I will get our pics posted as soon as I get back to reality. I can't even believe I have to actually cook dinner tonight. I could hardly sleep last night and I realized it was because it was too quiet...I missed the sound of the waves from my balcony. :(

I'm going to write up a review of my own soon. I would say it was about 98% positive. There were a few things that I wasn't pleased about but they didn't detract from a great vacation.

P.S. did Nina ever take your food away before you were done eating it??

Celeste

Melissa,

I was just looking at your pics and I noticed you didn't really have anything for Kona? Did you guys do much in Kona? I know your mom didn't get on the tenders.

I will get our pics posted as soon as I get back to reality. I can't even believe I have to actually cook dinner tonight. I could hardly sleep last night and I realized it was because it was too quiet...I missed the sound of the waves from my balcony. :(

I'm going to write up a review of my own soon. I would say it was about 98% positive. There were a few things that I wasn't pleased about but they didn't detract from a great vacation.

P.S. did Nina ever take your food away before you were done eating it??

Celeste

hey celeste...

yeah in kona we just took our underwater disposable, i didnt trust leaving our digital one on the beach while we snorkeled...

nina never took it before we were done,did they do that to you ??

i hope not,,

they always waited and waited since i eat slow LOL

yeah we went out to eat last night , i said forget that,,, im still relaxing LOL

melissa

Melissa,

I enjoyed looking at your Hawaii pictures. What amazed me the most at the Hawaii Volcano Park was how it looked like what I imagined a post nuclear attack would look. I still feel like I am on the boat as a matter of fact, my computer chair feels like it is gently swaying. It will be awhile before we figure out how to download our camera. We have never owned a digital camera before and we have a sack of wires that came with it. I have to take care of the airline mess before I can deal with the camera. I still have to call American Express today and see if they will compensate us for the difference in tickets.

Archived