Infinity 4/8 sailing review 14 days hawaii

melika091900

Melissa,

I enjoyed looking at your Hawaii pictures. What amazed me the most at the Hawaii Volcano Park was how it looked like what I imagined a post nuclear attack would look. I still feel like I am on the boat as a matter of fact, my computer chair feels like it is gently swaying. It will be awhile before we figure out how to download our camera. We have never owned a digital camera before and we have a sack of wires that came with it. I have to take care of the airline mess before I can deal with the camera. I still have to call American Express today and see if they will compensate us for the difference in tickets.

ahh i hope it gets all straightened out for you , i know its like a big headache.. the digital camera should be easy, did it come with a disk ? load that 1st on the comp, then connect the camera to the comp with USB cable, and it should start loading it ,,you will have to turn the camera on,.. hope that helps a lil...

yeah i feel like we are on the boat also.. i miss the food at dinner ,,

melissa

Well i said i was going to write more of a review and i didnt, i got lazy ,

but in general everything was great..

there was one thing i wanted to say ... the Gala buffet YUCK .. im sorry i never like to be negative, but me and ice went there stood in line, everything we got was nasty , no taste. and all the fruit had mold on it , i sweare,, i know it all looked good and nice how they set it up , but it was yucky,,

does anyone else agree on this ???

other than that , everything was great. the shows that we saw were good, we saw the comedian jeff hease ? celebrate the world show , that was really really good , melika liked that one ..

the 1st day they had a trivia outside on the pool deck and the lady asked how many pounds of beef does a 14 day cruise use .????? everyone was guessing , i guessed 25,000,, and i won !!!!! the answer was like 24,600

i felt so special, and then she said whats your room number ? and i told her , she said your prize will be in your room, i thought dang i wonder what it is ... it was a celebrity cruises lanyard... whoo hoooo :)

but i was happy to win something .

I never ate anything i didnt like , ( except the gala thing ) but dinner wise i loved everything ,

and no one can beat celebritys service, hands down was the best, i even asked my stateroom attendent antonio if he had a safety pin and he brought me back a paperclip, it was sooo cute, then he said hold on, came back again with a safety pin,,,, he was really sweet,

i just remember on carnival and Ncl, if you were in your room when they were coming to clean it , that was it , you didnt get your room cleaned, that made me soo mad, celebrity always cleaned it , they were great,

hopefully one day we can take this cruise again, i would do it in a heartbeat.

take care everyone and keep in touch

Melissa

Was just hoping that someone met my daughter. Put her on a plane to Rome in October. Miss her so!

did she work at the auctions ?? what does she look like ?

you might want to post on the 4/22 roll call and ask someone to tell her hi for you ,im sure they will ...

someone posted on there 1 day after the trip started,,

take care

melissa

Just wondering...on a cruise like this, were there many kids? What was the average age of passengers? I have another post with similar questions....would love to cruise to Hawaii sometime. How long did it take to get warm weather (ie - enough to lie outside and swim?)

Thanks

Just wondering...on a cruise like this, were there many kids? What was the average age of passengers? I have another post with similar questions....would love to cruise to Hawaii sometime. How long did it take to get warm weather (ie - enough to lie outside and swim?)

Thanks

I'll let Melissa answer the question about children. I'm not sure how many were on the cruise ship because we honestly did not run into that many of them. The average age on this ship was older although there were people from all age groups. My dh and I were surprised how cool it got on the Pacific. It seemed like it was warmer going to Hawaii than coming back. Going to Hawaii people were able to swim and use the decks to sun but not coming back. The winds were very strong and it was in the 40's. My dh had to buy a windbreaker on board the ship. We went in April and I have no idea if the weather was typical or not. In Hawaii, the weather was perfect. Not too hot but warm on most day.

any pics yet ??? mine are on my webshots link. post yours when you get a chance. gosh i sure do miss the food....melissa

Thanks for posting your pics. I did not take any this trip but choose to enjoy every moment with my mind's eye. More than the food, I miss all the pampering! Whose going to wash and cut up all my fruit every morning :eek: ??? David

Thanks

there were kids, quite a few more than usual..

and i think its because this was during a lot of kids spring break..

we went on our 1st cruise on celebrity and there were no kids.

i guess it depends, when and where..

im sure the longer cruises theres fewer kids unless is during the summer,

the 1st few days going and coming home werent real warm,,, going it seemed warmer, and then when we came home for about 4 days it was windy and cold.. but we loved staying indoors and playing cards and relaxing, so we would do it again in a heartbeat..

take care

melissa

hey louise and celeste i got this letter from celebrity today re : FCC voucher , saying we get 240$ each for another cruise.. did you get this ?

im making a thread on it ,but i was just wondering

melissa

Thanks Melissa, Elizabeth (Liz) is 5'9" and has blonde hair and yes she is part of the Auction staff. She started her adventure in Rome on the Galaxy and has now been at sea for seven months. Fortunately this is her last voyage before coming home for a VACATION. which sounds kinda funny I'm sure. To her a vacation is sleeping in her own bed. cooking. etc. The kind of stuff they we all gladly pay to get to get away from!

Thanks Melissa, Elizabeth (Liz) is 5'9" and has blonde hair and yes she is part of the Auction staff. She started her adventure in Rome on the Galaxy and has now been at sea for seven months. Fortunately this is her last voyage before coming home for a VACATION. which sounds kinda funny I'm sure. To her a vacation is sleeping in her own bed. cooking. etc. The kind of stuff they we all gladly pay to get to get away from!

ahhh i think i saw her,

is she like the head person for the auction .. i think she is on the TV in the rooms also

she has blonde hair ..is she american ??? she looks like it ,

i think for sure i saw her a few times....

too bad i didnt chat to you before we went...

hopefully someone on the 4.22 sailing can tell her hi for you

take care

melissa

Yes a Florida girl. There were three auctioneers on your cruise. A male and two females. She was the youngest..late 20's

yes i saw her a few times, when we walked by the auction area.

and on the TV,,

does she get to come home soon ?

melissa

Well i said i was going to write more of a review and i didnt, i got lazy ,

but in general everything was great..

there was one thing i wanted to say ... the Gala buffet YUCK .. im sorry i never like to be negative, but me and ice went there stood in line, everything we got was nasty , no taste. and all the fruit had mold on it , i sweare,, i know it all looked good and nice how they set it up , but it was yucky,,

does anyone else agree on this ???

other than that , everything was great. the shows that we saw were good, we saw the comedian jeff hease ? celebrate the world show , that was really really good , melika liked that one ..

the 1st day they had a trivia outside on the pool deck and the lady asked how many pounds of beef does a 14 day cruise use .????? everyone was guessing , i guessed 25,000,, and i won !!!!! the answer was like 24,600

i felt so special, and then she said whats your room number ? and i told her , she said your prize will be in your room, i thought dang i wonder what it is ... it was a celebrity cruises lanyard... whoo hoooo :)

but i was happy to win something .

I never ate anything i didnt like , ( except the gala thing ) but dinner wise i loved everything ,

and no one can beat celebritys service, hands down was the best, i even asked my stateroom attendent antonio if he had a safety pin and he brought me back a paperclip, it was sooo cute, then he said hold on, came back again with a safety pin,,,, he was really sweet,

i just remember on carnival and Ncl, if you were in your room when they were coming to clean it , that was it , you didnt get your room cleaned, that made me soo mad, celebrity always cleaned it , they were great,

hopefully one day we can take this cruise again, i would do it in a heartbeat.

take care everyone and keep in touch

Melissa

The Gala Buffet was a joke, I agree, and plus it was orgainzed real wierd where all the lines merged into to one area to get deserts. People were rude and pushing, I lost my cool and yelled at a couple of people for being so rude.

I tried to go to the Chocolate Buffet but the place was a madhouse, so we left. Also my other problem was most of the fish dishes were very bland, can't belive I am saying this, but Carnival has better fish dishes.

However the rest of the food was good, not great but good.

What really made this cruise was the service, this was the best service we have ever had on a cruise ship.

The Gala Buffet was a joke, I agree, and plus it was orgainzed real wierd where all the lines merged into to one area to get deserts. People were rude and pushing, I lost my cool and yelled at a couple of people for being so rude.

I tried to go to the Chocolate Buffet but the place was a madhouse, so we left. Also my other problem was most of the fish dishes were very bland, can't belive I am saying this, but Carnival has better fish dishes.

However the rest of the food was good, not great but good.

What really made this cruise was the service, this was the best service we have ever had on a cruise ship.

agree,,, we didnt even get to get the dessert people were rude and pushing .. it was crazy, i was like we waited in line for this bad food .. i was like , ok never again,

but everything else was great... and yes the service was top notch ,, i never had such good service and we were in the cheapest room . we felt equal.. LOL

melissa

We went upstairs to the Constellation Lounge where they were going to have the Chocolate Buffet. It was so crowded in there that we couldn't find a place to sit down before the music even started so we left. It was hot and claustrophobic in that room with way too many people inside. We didn't go to the Gala Buffet even though we were still dancing in the Rendez Vous Lounge. We just couldn't eat another bite.

We went upstairs to the Constellation Lounge where they were going to have the Chocolate Buffet. It was so crowded in there that we couldn't find a place to sit down before the music even started so we left. It was hot and claustrophobic in that room with way too many people inside. We didn't go to the Gala Buffet even though we were still dancing in the Rendez Vous Lounge. We just couldn't eat another bite.

I bet we saw you dancing at there, we were hanging out at the Rendez Vous and the Martini bar after dinner almost every night.

I bet we saw you dancing at there, we were hanging out at the Rendez Vous and the Martini bar after dinner almost every night.

I bet you did, too. We always stopped at the Rendez vous to dance before dinner and sometimes afterwards depending on the band.

I believe it was 1130 am when she finally docked but it took a while to clear and disembark. DH and I didn't even get called to disembark until 3:30. It was fine with me as I didn't want to leave anyway, but I felt badly for everyone who was waiting to board.

Louise,

I loved when we would walk through the lounge and saw you two dancing. Very sweet. If only I could have convinced Jeff to dance... We were at the chocolate buffet in the Constellation but we had gotten there fairly early so we had a good seat. We were only there for the "Newlywed, Not-So-Newlywed Game" which was hilarious. We didn't have any of the buffet.

Celeste

I am sure I missed something the last couple of days but from what I was reading you folks returned late - how late were you?

By the time we disembarked and got to the airport, it was 5 pm. We had missed all the flights from SD to Chicago on American Airlines except for the Red Eye which left at 11 pm. We had originally booked the 1:30 pm flight. To also add to the airline mess, American Airlines asked 10 people to volunteer to get off the plane because of the weight of the plane and the turbulence. That means the people from the ship who had hoped to go standby were turned away.

Archived