Did JS get new perks?

Well I just got off og the phone W/RCI and was told that all suites including the Junior Suites will all receive the same perks and ammenities. The only difference will be that the GS and up will receive the concierge. Thanks for all of your answers but I finally wanted to know for sure.

Thanks

I know but people ask the same things all the time on the boards areality nd if they didn't ask questions, where would CC be?

Yes true - although if you read a few pages you often see the same queston more than once: I guess that I was brought up at school to try and work things out for myself, then ask questions if I can't (probably explains why I grew up to be a Scientist/Engineer... ;) ).

Also some people ask the same question until they get the answer they like... I suppose good luck to them - hope they aren't disappointed when reality hits. :(

Boo

Also some people ask the same question until they get the answer they like... I suppose good luck to them - hope they aren't disappointed when reality hits. :(

Boo

I agree with you on this. I have seen this many times on these boards.

And that's all you get. Period.

Did you miss the last post by LSAUDER? :D Now you know what we have to do next don't you? Everyone has to call so we get several different answers, than we can all fight over who is right and who is wrong all because RCCL LOVES to be inconsistent not to mention their issues with printing!! :D

Do you think this one is going to go away anytime soon? ;) I say no. But you know, it's typical.

Always good to see your posts Paul! :)

Well I just got off og the phone W/RCI and was told that all suites including the Junior Suites will all receive the same perks and ammenities. The only difference will be that the GS and up will receive the concierge. Thanks for all of your answers but I finally wanted to know for sure.

Thanks

I'm just now following this thread..........call them back once a day for the next couple of days and see if you get the same answer.......THEN report back:)

Yes true - although if you read a few pages you often see the same queston more than once: I guess that I was brought up at school to try and work things out for myself, then ask questions if I can't (probably explains why I grew up to be a Scientist/Engineer... ).

Also some people ask the same question until they get the answer they like... I suppose good luck to them - hope they aren't disappointed when reality hits.

Boo

I know Boo, but you can see by the CC level under my CC name, I've read quite a few posts on the boards too and yes, I agree, I see many of the same questions over and over but I think that's mostly because new people join us all the time. Some blame must go to RCCL as they do have an annoying habit of giving people different answers which just adds to more questions.:( I can tell you this........When RCCL gives incorrect info to their passengers than yes, it can cause disappointment and that's not acceptable as they should know what the correct info is. I don't mind helping people. The questions that drive me a little nuts are those that are over exactly what's on the compasses each day or the menu's. There needs to be a few things to discover onboard yourself as that's the fun of it. :) That's my opinion anyway, but others like to know every detail. I see the OP got his answer directly from RCCL so now we'll see what happens. :)

I'm just now following this thread..........call them back once a day for the next couple of days and see if you get the same answer.......THEN report back:)

No, the OP now has the answer that they wanted to get - so they will not bother calling RCCL again... ;).

My concern, as posted above, is when they don't get what they are expecting... there will be a big rant on this board about how they were conned because they didn;t get their suite perks in their JS (which is partly true - RCCL really SHOULD get it's message straight and keep their employees well-trained and uptodate with changes :rolleyes: ).

But, in all honesty, I believe more of what is posted by experienced cruisers on here than I would from RCCL telephone agents or other Travel Agents...

Boo

Yes, you have "been around a bit" (in the nicest possible ways...! :) ).

I agree with everything you said :).

Although I am less looking forward to seeing what happens: despite being (unintentionally) rude earlier, I want to see the OP have a very happy cruise and not experience any disappointment (I get enough opportunities to use "I told you so" with the other half ;) ).

Boo

I know Boo, but you can see by the CC level under my CC name, I've read quite a few posts on the boards too and yes, I agree, I see many of the same questions over and over but I think that's mostly because new people join us all the time. Some blame must go to RCCL as they do have an annoying habit of giving people different answers which just adds to more questions.:( I can tell you this........When RCCL gives incorrect info to their passengers than yes, it can cause disappointment and that's not acceptable as they should know what the correct info is. I don't mind helping people. The questions that drive me a little nuts are those that are over exactly what's on the compasses each day or the menu's. There needs to be a few things to discover onboard yourself as that's the fun of it. That's my opinion anyway, but others like to know every detail. I see the OP got his answer directly from RCCL so now we'll see what happens.

It won’t help that the Freedom Class ships have things that the older ships don’t and that will be reported back as a suite perk. I have a JS on Freedom in August and the only perk I care about is the 2 cruise credits! :D

Could we get RCI to add Grand Suite perks to JS's??? Jewel of the Seas has the biggest JS. Check it out. New big ships do not have JS's this big.

Why? You get the "perk" of having a bigger room without the addition GS and above price.

When I want the perks, I book the GS. It's a pretty easy concept. :D

Same to you, aqha. Our truce is still valid!!!! :D

I'll admit......I was fishing a little.

It will always remain valid for me!:) Don't worry, I'm just watching this :D So far.........;) Just keeping an eye on it for the new folks and watching what RCCL has to say. :)

No, the OP now has the answer that they wanted to get - so they will not bother calling RCCL again... ;).

My concern, as posted above, is when they don't get what they are expecting... there will be a big rant on this board about how they were conned because they didn;t get their suite perks in their JS (which is partly true - RCCL really SHOULD get it's message straight and keep their employees well-trained and uptodate with changes :rolleyes: ).

But, in all honesty, I believe more of what is posted by experienced cruisers on here than I would from RCCL telephone agents or other Travel Agents...

Boo

Boo you are so right............GREAT EXPECTATIONS LEAD TO GREAT DISAPPOINTMENTS............

Yes, you have "been around a bit" (in the nicest possible ways...! ).

I agree with everything you said

Although I am less looking forward to seeing what happens: despite being (unintentionally) rude earlier, I want to see the OP have a very happy cruise and not experience any disappointment (I get enough opportunities to use "I told you so" with the other half ).

Boo

I like that I've been around a bit! LOL! :D I agree with you completely that we do all wish people a happy cruise without any disappointments.:) I just really wish RCCL could get it together on what they promise people when they book those cabins. None of us are at fault as we answer from experience and my experience on what I receive in my JS on the Explorer may not be what someone else receives on another RCCL ship. I've read several posts from people that leave out of Miami booked in a JS that didn't get priority boarding yet we do get it sailing out of Bayonne. I've read posts of people complaining in higher catagories, not just JS, that they didn't get all the things in the bathroom they used to receive before but I know we do get them in a JS and higher on the Explorer. I do not understand why it seems to be so hard for RCCL to be consistent on what each catagory receives and it should be the same on all the ships in the fleet. I admit when I read that someone didn't get the shampoo or lotion or whatever they wanted, it does seem of silly to me, but it's important to some as they complain about it all the time! If they want something so badly all they have to do is ask the steward. I've yet to read where anyone was refused a bottle of shampoo or other things! I recently read a post where someone was dehydrated and had a hard time getting carafes of water for their cabin and when they finally did receive it they received several carafes and they complained it was too much water! This experience plus a couple other minor things such as their child had to watch a movie 4 years old ruined their ENTIRE cruise and they will never sail RCCL again! OMG!:eek: Come on! How does one become dehydrated on a ship where water is everywhere including out of the sink faucet if they need to hydrate that badly!:D Crazy complaints and there are many people that no one could ever please. All RCCL has to do is be consistent in their advertising of their cabins and we wouldn't have to get into these discussions. Most importantly people wouldn't have higher expectations or disappointment when they find out they may not get something they were told by RCCL they would get. I blame RCCL, not the people discussing the subject and this is going to come up time and time again as it's a new deal that RCCL is offering although like I said I already get some things and so do the higher suites. I think it's more of an advertising gimmick than anything else for new people to encourage them to book a suite that do not realize they already get some of the things mentioned on the special suite perk list. I've always said RCCL does cruises GREAT! If we could only get them to be consistent on what they tell people, they'd be perfect! :D

For what its worth, we were on Mariner 3/11 - 3/18 in a JS on deck 10 as first-time cruisers and here is what I remember:

1. We got to get in the Suites line for check in which was much, much shorter.

2. The room had shampoo, conditioner, lotions, cotton balls and other stuff in the bathroom which was regularly refreshened. I dont recall seeing robes.

3. We did request, and receive, access to the Concierge Lounge, HOWEVER, when we originally placed our reservation we were looking at the brochure that listed the concierge as a feature availble to JS, and at that point we had never even heard of cruise critic, or had any other reason to believe it wasn't available. In other words, we thought we had a fair case on the merits. It still took us 2 days and multiple trips to the customer service desk to make this happen and, frankly, is really wasn't worth it. We are only wine drinkers and had arranged for plenty of wine via a gift basket ahead of time, and since we were on the 10th floor aft, it was just as fast to walk one floor up to the Windjammer as it was to walk one floor down to the Concierge Lounge. The only time I was in the CL was really first thing in the morning as the automatic coffee machine had settings for lattes, cappucinos, etc.. Would not even bother again now. The funny thing is the brochures with the supposed "typo" listing the CL as an amenity available to JS rooms were the ones still being handed out on the ship.

4. The rooms are great and dont feel at all claustrophobic -- we had 3 JSs in a row with our kids and my parents (two of which connected) and the opened the balcony dividers so we had a huge shared balcony as well as an easy way to move between the rooms. We had a great time.

Hope this helps.

Could we get RCI to add Grand Suite perks to JS's??? Jewel of the Seas has the biggest JS. Check it out. New big ships do not have JS's this big.

I think Voyager class JS are larger than the Radiance class... but maybe I'm wrong (again) :rolleyes:

LL

For what its worth' date=' we were on Mariner 3/11 - 3/18 in a JS on deck 10 as first-time cruisers and here is what I remember:

1. We got to get in the Suites line for check in which was much, much shorter.

2. The room had shampoo, conditioner, lotions, cotton balls and other stuff in the bathroom which was regularly refreshened. I dont recall seeing robes.

3. We did request, and receive, access to the Concierge Lounge, HOWEVER, when we originally placed our reservation we were looking at the brochure that listed the concierge as a feature availble to JS, and at that point we had never even heard of cruise critic, or had any other reason to believe it wasn't available. In other words, we thought we had a fair case on the merits. It still took us 2 days and multiple trips to the customer service desk to make this happen and, frankly, is really wasn't worth it. We are only wine drinkers and had arranged for plenty of wine via a gift basket ahead of time, and since we were on the 10th floor aft, it was just as fast to walk one floor up to the Windjammer as it was to walk one floor down to the Concierge Lounge. The only time I was in the CL was really first thing in the morning as the automatic coffee machine had settings for lattes, cappucinos, etc.. Would not even bother again now. The funny thing is the brochures with the supposed "typo" listing the CL as an amenity available to JS rooms were the ones still being handed out on the ship.

4. The rooms are great and dont feel at all claustrophobic -- we had 3 JSs in a row with our kids and my parents (two of which connected) and the opened the balcony dividers so we had a huge shared balcony as well as an easy way to move between the rooms. We had a great time.

Hope this helps.[/quote']

But, this does not happen! :rolleyes: :cool: Why don't people understand that JS don't get perks, and CL?

Oooops they do? LOL J/K Thank you for you reply on your experience! Interesting that they are still passing out that same brochure. As far as I'm concerned they should give the promised perks, especially if they are still so irresponsible enough to keep handing them out.

It was pretty funny they were handing out the same brochures. I did notice that some of the brochures for otherparts of the world did make the distinction. I suspect the issue comes up so rarely that it isn't worth it to RCI to reprint the brochures or even paste a correction.

Well now that didn't take too long did it????! :D I get the CL also with my JS on the Explorer as I booked several cruises off the brochure and I selected the cabin by the desciption of what it included from a brochure sent to me by RCCL long before I heard of CC and yes, they do honor it, and no they did not print new brochures, and yes they are still advertising the JS gets the CL in the 2007-2008 brochures and yes RCCL and TA's are still selling the JS everyday with that perk included as thats what it says in the brochure RCCL prints and yes when you call RCCL some RCCL reps say yes its included, some say no but the LA on the Explorer told me that's what it says in ALL the RCCL 2007-2008 brochures and they honor it and I had no problem receiving it and everyone was very nice. :D Now who is at fault for all the confusion on THAT topic? RCCL period. This has nothing to do with the " new" suite perks. Than again who knows, maybe it will in the future? :D

The Radiance is slightly larger:)

Did you not get the memo about LARGE signatures? You are supposed to click the "do not display my signature" when posting to the same thread over and over and over. :D

And BTW, you now have a very large signature, thanks ;) :D

###

Did you not get the memo about LARGE signatures? You are supposed to click the "do not display my signature" when posting to the same thread over and over and over. :D

And BTW, you now have a very large signature, thanks ;) :D

###

Sorry, I post to several of the same threads over and over, no such memo ever received! :) Some of the largest sigs can be found on all things Explorer including mine.

Archived