2 adults 5 kids would u upgrade to jr suites from d1's????

Hi everyone -

we are traveling Aug 5th, on Mariner - 2 adults 5 kids - (not all ours, 2 cousins coming from Germany w/ us)

we have 2 D1 balconies next to each other, not connecting currently - but I noticed 2 jr suites next to each other have opened up.

Can balcony door be opened between jr suites like d1's are the balconies that much better - could we all fit on the balcony if door was opened for breakfast or all sitting out there?

Kids don't tend to be in the cabin to much on RCCL - so not sure if it is worth the upgrade cost - seems like a lot?

Looks like about $2200 total to change

Is it worth it??

kids - 2 -15yr old girls 1-14 yr old girl - 1-9 yr old boy 1-12 yr old girl?

Any information help is greatly appreciated Thanks

Rachelle

I wasn't sure, but are you comparing 2 suites (the cost) and 2 balcony cabins? I've done the 2 cabins. That's a lot for 7 days, assuming you are going on a 7 day. The kids will barely be there! My girsl were 14 and 15 when we cruised.

Hope you have a great time what ever you choose! :D

With two JSs you are getting the equivalent, in living space, of three D1s, but the sleeping arrangements will be about the same, unless the Ds are quad rooms. Bigger baths, with tubs, and bigger closet in JS. Whether or not you can get them to open the partitions between the two rooms may depend on the ship and the room steward. I wouldn't count on it, but if it can be done that would be a plus. I take it that the D1s are not adjoining, so opening the balcony dividers isn't an option for you. In the final analysis, only you can determine how much the extra living space is worth to you. Have a great cruise whatever you decide.

I wouldn't upgrade - the price is too steep. You'll be fine in two D1's.

I wanted to second what negc said about not counting on the balcony divider being opened. We were told that the official policy on Mariner is that they only open balconies between connecting cabins.

Although some people have reported that they were able to get the divider opened between non-connecting cabins without a problem, many more people have reported that their request was refused due to "safety/security issues".

Archived