Aft Cabins Navigator

Hi...We will be cruising on the Navigator, and we have the option of a balcony on the aft corner of the ship on the 9th level, or the one next to it. Does anyone know which would be preferable? Do they have wrap around balconies at the aft, and how private are they?

Hi...We will be cruising on the Navigator, and we have the option of a balcony on the aft corner of the ship on the 9th level, or the one next to it. Does anyone know which would be preferable? Do they have wrap around balconies at the aft, and how private are they?

After reading all the posts and checking photos, we took the 9392 cabin for the TA in Nov./08...the only one left as far as I know for 1 1/2 yrs. in future! Of course as time goes on this might change as people change & cancel. I was THRILLED to get this cabin, don't plan on changing (hopefully still be alive then...when in your 60's...) We were upgraded to our first balcony cabin from inside, to a concierge balcony last yr on the Oceanias' Nautica. On a 12 day Med. sailing, 9 ports (including Egypt). We are spoiled as to balcony...but on this TA prices are low enough to get a balcony...and this one is about 3x bigger than on the Nautica. Don't see many posters here mention the Oceania line...it really IS great, but pricy (unless you get a great upgrade) Loved the smaller ships, open dining, etc. BUT felt more activities were needed for 6 straight sea days! It is one spot lacking.:)

Take the corner aft for sure. No question. Best ones are the corners. Larger balconies and better views. Not as much "super structure" in the way. If I can't have a corner aft, I won't take an aft. Unless it is on deck 10.

Take the corner aft for sure. No question. Best ones are the corners. Larger balconies and better views. Not as much "super structure" in the way. If I can't have a corner aft, I won't take an aft. Unless it is on deck 10.

Not all afts are created equal and in this case the corner aft balcony is NOT larger. 9390/9690 are large, sunny balconies but are pie-shaped and lose a bit of space due to that. 9392/9692's balconies are quite a bit larger than 9390/9690 and have part sun/part shade. Both cabins are identical except for 9390/9690 having a single door and a huge recessed porthole window (that is really nice) while 9392/9692 have the typical double sliding door. Both are great choices, but in my opinion, in this case I would choose 9392/9692 over 9390/9690 as I prefer some shade on my balcony. But on deck 10 its corner/aft for me all the way!!!

After reading all the posts and checking photos' date=' we took the 9392 cabin for the TA in Nov./08...the only one left as far as I know for 1 1/2 yrs. in future! Of course as time goes on this might change as people change & cancel. I was THRILLED to get this cabin, don't plan on changing (hopefully still be alive then...when in your 60's...) We were upgraded to our first [u']balcony cabin[/u] from inside, to a concierge balcony last yr on the Oceanias' Nautica. On a 12 day Med. sailing, 9 ports (including Egypt). We are spoiled as to balcony...but on this TA prices are low enough to get a balcony...and this one is about 3x bigger than on the Nautica. Don't see many posters here mention the Oceania line...it really IS great, but pricy (unless you get a great upgrade) Loved the smaller ships, open dining, etc. BUT felt more activities were needed for 6 straight sea days! It is one spot lacking.:)

You should join our roll call. You must be on our 11/10/08 TA - Barcelona - Fort Lauderdale. We have several who have already joined the roll call. Please come over and visit. Someone else in the group has an aft, too. I got a hump cabin across from the concierge lounge for this cruise.

Went to roll call section' date=' nobody else listed for 11/10/08....must be another roll call. Was on the Oceania one for last Nov. We set up several tours in Athens, Turkey (3) and Egypt through these boards!!:confused:[/quote']

Here we are. Look for the :o at the front of the thread. I was embarassed to start a roll call so early so I chose that face to represent us. Not to mention no one else uses that face making it easy to spot. :p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=536832

Found you, and will be using that forum to communicate, tho read this one also as it has pointers for RCCL. HAven't been on RCL ship since 98, Voyager was just being built...in fact the Capitan of our ship was the person in charge of building it...and was to be it's first Capt.

Found you' date=' and will be using that forum to communicate, tho read this one also as it has pointers for RCCL. HAven't been on RCL ship since 98, Voyager was just being built...in fact the Capitan of our ship was the person in charge of building it...and was to be it's first Capt.[/quote']

Of course you should keep on coming over here so you can learn everything you ever wanted to know about cruising Royal Caribbean - and more :D I love reading ship specific posts about ships I've been on or the one's I'm going on.

I'm glad you found our roll call. That's where you will go to learn everything you ever and maybe never wanted to know about those you will be cruising with. :eek:

We have a really nice group started already. Now...one and half years to go. I bet we can find more people to add to our group. I'm going to have to get a little notebook and keep notes on us. ;)

Have just come off the Navigator Transatlantic crossing and we were in a Deck 10 JS Aft cabin and was very surprised on just how much of the balconies on Deck 9 we could see. We had the Royal Family Suite below us and you could see the whole length of the sun bed when you stood by the rail on our balcony and looked down. Also there is a lot more metal structure on the Voyager class so the view of the wake is slightly obstructed when sitting in a chair. Much prefer the Radiance class Aft cabins for the view but stll hasn't put us off as we have another Transatlantic crossing on the Independence booked on deck 10 Aft.

Just returned from the Navigator (Miami to Southampton) April 14th-26th. I had room 9392. I was very happy with the room. The room was a bit small but the balcony space was huge. I was actually surprised at the size of the balcony. I had two folding chairs, a table and two lounging chairs and still there was space!

The grillwork did not interfere with the view and actually provided a bit of protection from the rain. The only real downside is the lack of privacy. (So no nude sunbathing :) ) As noted anyone sitting on the 10th balcony has full view of the 9th balcony. From Windjammers you can just see the corner tip of 9392.

I hope one day to get this room again.

Archived