Skagway/Haines tour question

princessthecat

Has anyone done the Takshanuk Mountain Trail by 4 X 4 tour? Just wondering if you enjoyed it?

How is the high-speed catamaran from Skagway to Haines? We have one person prone to seasickness and she is wondering how the catamaran rides.

TIA

When are you going? We're doing the Takshanuk Mountain Trail by 4x4 excursion with the fast ferry from Skagway to Haines on June 20th.

Once we're back home, we'll let everyone know how it was.

How is the high-speed catamaran from Skagway to Haines? We have one person prone to seasickness and she is wondering how the catamaran rides.

TIA

Take a look at a map. Skagway is a dead end, at the end of the Lynn Canal. Usually protected waters. However- if you are worried about seasickness on only this section, you would best be concerned about the whole cruise. It is a myth that the sailing in Alaska is smooth. I've encountered very rough sailings about 1/4 of my trips, with noted sick passengers. Take precautions your whole trip after consulting with your health care professional for advice for you.

Thanks!

I know the precautions to take for the cruise. The tour is the real question. I haven't been on a catamaran before nor have I been to Haines so I wasn't sure if someone prone to seasickness should be concerned on this tour. We have one person in our party who has not cruised before and is pone to seasickness so I will just advise her to take precautions.

Although the fast-cat is normally a reasonably smooth ride, the waters can blow up pretty bad with a strong south wind, and I've been on the cat when it was a fairly rough ride. It's a different rough than you'll get on the ship, though, with choppy water rather than the huge rollers that can toss everybody aound on the ships.

Murray

Archived