Wrap around Aft, cat. 11 - why only 2 pax?

Dukeswalker

They seeem to be so much bigger? It seems so silly that they can figure out a way to have 4 in a standard room - but in a large suite they can only fit 2??? As it is now, DH and I will be in the suite, our two dd's will be in the room that connects to it and then our ds will be in the room with my IL's. Would there be a place for our ds to sleep in our room (or our dd's room?) Is it ok to play musical cabins a bit? (actually, that leads me to another question...When we made the reservations we put my IL's in the cat. 11, DH and DS in one cabin and me and dds in another. My ILs get a milatry discount - so we put them in the most expensive room. But once on board we plan on having me and DH in the Cat. 11 and my ILs in the other room...Can we do that??)

We are going to Mexico - I thikn DH would love to sleep on the balc. as well! :) Interesting - when we booked we were told the cat.11 could only hold 2 pax - If we had been told otherwise we would have only needed 2 rooms, not three.....

We are going to Mexico - I thikn DH would love to sleep on the balc. as well! :) Interesting - when we booked we were told the cat.11 could only hold 2 pax - If we had been told otherwise we would have only needed 2 rooms, not three.....

On the Carnival Spirit, the Cat 11 doesn't always have a sofa that can be made into a bed BUT it always has a sofa. Last year we did side by side Cat 11s. Our cabin was for 2, my sister's for 3. There sofa pulled out or made into a bed ... ours did not.

The problem you will have with switching cabins is the sail n sign cards. They have your name, your cabin # and your photo attached to them. Remember they are used to open the cabin doors, charge things to the cabin and most importantly to get on and off the ship.

When you are in VIP check-in, request that the SS cards are issued in the proper manner. (all of you should go together VIP, it is allowed)

The rules are strict for BOOKING, but not when you are actually on the ship..or close to it..lol.

Just head to the pursers desk once on board and get a key made for entry only to the other rooms. We do it all the time since we have to switch names on cabins when we book because our sons are under 25. It is no problem.

Just because you book, you can sleep anywhere. Just not too sure how comfortable this would be.

349970115jmbWIN_th.jpg

We booked our 7 year old in the adjoining cabin, and it was like having a two bedroom suite, with two bathrooms for the three of us!

Archived