Carnival Ruebens

sodell

Am I the only only that thinks the ruebens are just okay???? So many glowing comments.

I visited many delis in my life with some fantastic ruebens. Corned beef with a slightly higher fat content and not as pressed as Carnivals, more sauerkraut & dressing & rye bread with more "rye" n it...

Don't get me wrong, still not bad, but not quite the real thing.

And of course... the chocolate cake to "die for"

Am I the only only that thinks the ruebens are just okay???? So many glowing comments.

I visited many delis in my life with some fantastic ruebens. Corned beef with a slightly higher fat content and not as pressed as Carnivals, more sauerkraut & dressing & rye bread with more "rye" n it...

I think Carnivals Ruebens are pretty good for a massed produced restaurant. Nothing beats a Rueben made in a NY Deli:) , so I'm not going to try to compare them to that, but, they are pretty dang good when you compare them to a lot of sports bars that sell them.

Actually we prefer the deli on the ship to the buffet, no not NY but we love how they slice the meat and are hot and made fresh, completely the opposite on princess so Carnivals deli gets a thumbs up in our book.

i agree. it was OK, but not really a rueban.

Hey, we've all got different tastes. I can't speak for the reubens because the whole idea of saurkraut just sounds icky to me.

But sometimes I think I'm the only one who thought the pizza was just ok.:)

My boyfriend loves pizza, but he thought the ones on the ship were terrible.

The Reubens were better on my first cruise than me second, but they were still pretty darn good. I went to New York last April and had two Reubens. I was really disappointed. I get better Reubens in Roanoke Texas. (Made by transplanted Brooklynites.)

Mine have always been almost perfect because I take the time to let them know exactly how much meat I want on it....how much sauce etc.

I don't like mine with a lot of corn beef or a lot of dressing. They are always very accommodating. (Plus I like mine burnt!!)

I ate a rueben on Ecstacy.

It was fine.

As a matter of fact I would love to have one right now.

I have noticed that the same dish on different ships tastes different.

Several things that I had on Sensation(Mongolian salad & chicken satay) that were wonderful were just ok on Ecstacy, but several things on Ecstacy(fish and chips& bitter and blanc) were excellent.

Living in CT , we go to NYC quite often and absolutely nothing beats the Ruebens (or anything else) you get in a NYC Deli.

However, The Ruebens on Carnival are pretty darn good. Can't wait to have a few while on Destiny in Oct

I always ask for 1/2 the beef as usual, and extra sauce. Then, I ask them to cook it a bit longer than usual. I can't stand when they come out mooshy!!

Our first few cruises, they were GREAT. The last two, couldn't finish them. Not sure why but the saurkraut tasted more bitter, and the meat was stringy. :(

Mine have always been almost perfect because I take the time to let them know exactly how much meat I want on it....how much sauce etc.

I don't like mine with a lot of corn beef or a lot of dressing. They are always very accommodating. (Plus I like mine burnt!!)

I have eaten them on several different sailings. Only once was it as good as homemade! Cheryl makes quite the sandwich! The quality varies widely. It does help A LOT to ask for them to be made a particular way, as each of the guys behind the counter seem to have their own versions...

I have, on two occasions, come across the leather quality meat mentioned here. No matter how that is prepared, it is not going to be GOOD.

Tom

I think Carnivals Ruebens are pretty good for a massed produced restaurant. Nothing beats a Rueben made in a NY Deli:) , so I'm not going to try to compare them to that, but, they are pretty dang good when you compare them to a lot of sports bars that sell them.

Nothing would ever beat Katz's deli in NYC :rolleyes:

First of all (not bragging here) but I make a mean Reuben. Do I expect the ship's to rival mine? No. But I think the ones on the ship are very good. We ask for double meat, double cheese and no dressing. The pizza was just okay, but it was there 24 hrs a day. Pizza was better if you have them make you one fresh.

BTW- Reuben tip of the day- when making one at home sprinkle a little Parmesain cheese on the buttered side of the bread before grilling...yum:)

I have eaten at katz's and think that joes deli in bama is the best katz's is dog food

Obviously...some people don't know what good food is....

anywho being a fellow NY'er..there's nothing that beats a good NY deli...I be the judege on how good the one's are when i sail in July....:)

I'm not a huge Reuben fan, (never had one in NY) but my husband and I discovered them on the Valor in 2005. We thought they were really good.

We had them several times, and they were good every time!:p

The meat was never tough.

We're looking forward to having them on our cruise in June.

Bad talk Reuben's from the ship all you want... but it's not going to stop me from enjoying a few of them... :D

Next, you all will be complaining that cruise's steaks aren't as good as you can get in Kansas, or the BBQ ribs are not as good as you can get in Memphis, or the pork BBQ are not as good as those in North Carolina, or the Escargot is not as good as that found in France.

It's a cruise with good food... have fun and enjoy it.:)

Archived