Quest/Journey

swigso

Hi

Just read this on Celebrity web-site

Celebrity Quest – Ultra-Premium Onboard Experience Highlights

Guests sailing on Celebrity Quest will enjoy a more exclusive guest experience. Celebrity Quest and her sister ship, Celebrity Journey, offer 15 classes of accommodations, all featuring butler service as well as concierge-style amenities, including fresh-cut flowers, fresh fruit, Elemis toiletries, complimentary use of Frette cotton robes, two complimentary pairs of plush slippers, plasma TVs and European bedding.

Despite the ships’ smaller size, Celebrity is offering two specialty restaurants onboard – a first for the brand. Guests staying in suites will receive one night of complimentary dining in one of the two specialty restaurants. The ships, which will not require formal attire for dining, also feature open seating in the main dining room.

The two ships are the first in Celebrity’s fleet to feature a wine bar, which will offer wine and champagne tastings, seminars, and mini-pairings of food and wine, in addition to its standard menu of fine wines by the glass or bottle.

Celebrity Journey and Celebrity Quest will offer an enhanced emphasis on spa and relaxation. The ships’ AquaSpa facilities will offer spa treatments not available on any other ships in Celebrity’s fleet. Guests in suites will be able to enjoy certain spa services in the privacy of their room. The ships will also offer an outdoor spa relaxation lounge and an aesthetics suite offering Celebrity’s popular Acupuncture at Sea, laser hair removal and microdermabrasion.

The two ships will each feature an onboard “excursion expert,” who will not only help guests select shore excursions based on their personal interests, but also serve as a destination guide, offering information about the culture and history of each port of call.

The retail experience onboard Celebrity Journey and Celebrity Quest will focus on fine art, sculpture, photography, jewelry, and resort wear.

How was your cruise?

We love the R ships on Oceania, as well as the open seating dining and the lack of formal nights, and are considering a cruise on the Quest, looking for that type of experience.

Thanks for telling me that--I made a bad assumption. We are thinking of booking a cruise on Quest for October, 2007, so maybe we can give you our review.

We love the R ships Oceania has; the size works well for us. I am glad Celebrity also will have open seating dining and no formal nights on the Quest. Now, if they'd include "free' air and not charge for the other restaurants like Oceania, I'd be even happier.

Hi. I don't mean to sound crisp but I do feel a bit -- er, frustrated. Glad that Celebrity's providing some info on its Journey and Quest ships but have to say that Cruise Critic is offering so much more...with Celebrity's help, no less.

If you haven't seen our shipyard piece on Celebrity Journey, well we were the only ones there. It can be found here (and deals as much as possible in what the cruise experience will be like): http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=444.

Any questions you have re specifics -- before the real cruises start and the travelers that are the heart of Cruise Critic's community begin to tell all (and I'll be reading, avidly, please do tell all!) -- please let me know. Write to me at editor@cruisecritic.com; I'm keeping a list of member questions to answer.

Not only do I know these ships very well, I've also been to the shipyard (last weekend) to witness the transformational process, and will be onboard on Friday to see the finished product...I'm happy to answer your questions.

And stayed tuned for "before and after" photos and a Celebrity Journey sneak preview.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor

Cruise Critic

Just wanted to say a BIG thank you Carolyn.. I am one of the many booked on Quest and am very grateful for the information you have provided on Journey. I am booked in a sky suite and was delighted to know all of the information on deck 8 you provided us with.

Congratulations to all at cruise critic for a job well done!

Have a wonderful visit, and I for one am thoroughly looking forward to the pics and info!

Happy Cruising!

(Oh and couldnt help feeling a huge doze of pride when I heard David Kellys Scottish Accent!.."Whas like us David!" :) )

Carolyn, Can you tell us if you were surprised :eek: by today's announcement or if you knew when you toured the shipyard? I'm surprised nothing leaked out about this. I think we all feel a little out of the loop now, especially us avid cruisers who thought we had a handle on our favorite cruise line. I really appreciate your responsiveness and straight talk! Thank you!

There was indeed some "educated speculation" going on in one of our threads, and not very well disguised either. The gamesman was right on the money.

It's to her credit that Carolyn didn't say a word, but it was amusing watching the threadmates on the edge of their keyboards during Friday morning, checking every conceivable site for the BIG announcement.

Actually, I am little surprised that there are no "virtual tours" of the cabins available as yet. But I suppose that it does take some processing time to set all of that up, and the "paint was probably still drying" when they took the photos/videos. There are some new isometrics of the cabins on X's web site (not "A's"), and they are a bit difficult to find.

For now, we'll just have to wait a bit longer (10/27 for us) and extrapolate from what Carolyn has presetned.

Cabo

Archived