FCC (Future Cruise Credit) questions

Does anyone know whether you need one or two FCCs to book a cruise? Say for example I purchase a FCC when I'm on my next cruise and then in about 6 months I decide what cruise I'm going to put it toward...I will only need that one FCC to book DH and myself, right?

My other question is if you use an FCC to book a cruise and then change your mind, can you move that booking to something else? I've paid $100 for the FCC, then I paid another $400 to bring my deposit to the required $500 (we using a 7 day as an example). Now I want to move it to another 7 day cruise.....is this allowed?

Thanks!

HI EG

I'm guessing (only a guess) that if you paid $200 or $100pp then you would be booking for two people when you chose to book.........if you are saying you only put down $100.......I'm not sure.........

I'm also guessing they would treat this just like an onboard booking where you decide to change cruises down the road........as long as you transfer the booking I'm guessing no problem........

but the program is so new........I'm not sure anyone has tried to transfer one yet.........

I'll be watching this one myself to see if anyone has tried this yet with a Next Cruise Option.

Hey Carol :)

The way I understand it.... you do just need to pay $100 to book the NextCruise option... The OBC is a per cabin credit, not a per person credit, so that does make sense...

If you use your NextCruise option to book a cruise and then change your mind, you can transfer the reservation (and the OBC) over to another cruise. You just need to make sure to keep the same reservation number.

See you soon, :D

Ellen

Thanks you guys! I thought it was one FCC per booking, but just wanted to confirm it. At first I thought you had to have one for each person in the cabin, but now I see you don't. As for switching bookings, I think RCL's whole purpose in this new program is to maybe prevent all the switching around that we do. Since the FCC is good for 3 years, hopefully we will really know what we want when we finally use it!

See you SOON, Ellen!

Hey Carol :)

The way I understand it.... you do just need to pay $100 to book the NextCruise option... The OBC is a per cabin credit, not a per person credit, so that does make sense...

If you use your NextCruise option to book a cruise and then change your mind, you can transfer the reservation (and the OBC) over to another cruise. You just need to make sure to keep the same reservation number.

See you soon, :D

Ellen

When we booked our FCC on Mariner in March, it was $100 per person for the booking. I paid for 3 of us so it was $300. When I selected the ship and sail date that $300 was the deposit for the 4 nighter on Sovereign. I did not try getting it for $100 as that would have paid for only one of us.

I get what you're saying dagadget, but I'm just trying to make sure that I don't need MORE than one FCC per cruise. So if I bought one FCC for $100 and then later booked a cruise with it, I would need to THEN add $400 to bring it up to the required $500 deposit for a 7 day cruise. If I used 2 FCCs on one cruise booking, I still wouldn't get any more OBC than if I used one FCC.

Carol

I get what you're saying dagadget, but I'm just trying to make sure that I don't need MORE than one FCC per cruise. So if I bought one FCC for $100 and then later booked a cruise with it, I would need to THEN add $400 to bring it up to the required $500 deposit for a 7 day cruise. If I used 2 FCCs on one cruise booking, I still wouldn't get any more OBC than if I used one FCC.

Carol

Yep... you've got it, Carol... :)

Archived