disebarking question

newbie2468

We are doing the southern route from Anchorage to Vancouver on the Sapphire,

We want to do an excursion in Vancouver that says.. pick up at 10 at the dock. (not a Princess excursion, but a shoretrip one) to Grouse mountain and the suspension bridge, etc. Will we be off the ship in time? Can you ask for early disembarking? What about carrying your own luggage off ? Is that a hassle?

Thanks for all the helpful information.

You should be able to make it. You do realize that Shore Trips is a booking agent only and does NOT run this tour??? It may be more beneficial to find the operator and book this direct. You could then find out if this timeframe is recommended by them (I'll assume it is, otherwise they would not be making a "dock" pick up). You would get the exact pick up location and your questions answered direct.

Sorry, there a great many people want "first" off the boat. You are not going to get any special treatment unless you are in a high dollar cabin.

Thanks Budget Queen... I didn't realize that shoretrips was only a booking agent... perhaps I could book through the hotel. Or Princess? We usually have been able to get a suite at a reasonable price.. not on this cruise..; so we have a mini-suite (which I know will be more than sufficient) I also know that I don't need to be first off the boat.. I was wondering how difficult it is to manuever your luggage (assuming I don't overpack as usual) and get in the crowds.. since I have only sailed once and we were in a suite and away from the crowds..

Thanks again Budgetqueen.. you are an incredible wealth of information...

Tory

Thanks Budget Queen... I didn't realize that shoretrips was only a booking agent... perhaps I could book through the hotel. Or Princess? We usually have been able to get a suite at a reasonable price.. not on this cruise..; so we have a mini-suite (which I know will be more than sufficient) I also know that I don't need to be first off the boat.. I was wondering how difficult it is to manuever your luggage (assuming I don't overpack as usual) and get in the crowds.. since I have only sailed once and we were in a suite and away from the crowds..

Thanks again Budgetqueen.. you are an incredible wealth of information...

Tory

Booking through the hotel or Princess is still involving a third partly. What Budget Queen meant was to try to find out which company actually operates the tour and book directly with that company.

Archived