2008 Majesty out of Boston - NO

FYI...this is not the first time around for this ship going to Bermuda...when it was a new ship know as Dreamward, the ship did the NYC to Bermuda run during the summer and I believe did both St George and Hamilton which means it does fit into Hamilton harbor!:cool:

FYI...this is not the first time around for this ship going to Bermuda...when it was a new ship know as Dreamward, the ship did the NYC to Bermuda run during the summer and I believe did both St George and Hamilton which means it does fit into Hamilton harbor!:cool:

True, but when it was the Dreamward it was a shorter ship. NCL streched her and then renamed her Dream.

It has been stated here that the Dream is now too long. However, it appears that isn't the case since NCL is using the Dream for this itinerary.

Oh my wouldn't that be nice. We have taken the Majesty three times to Bermuda. We were on the "Dream" when she was the Dreamward in NY goning to Bermuda 1997. Is it this posted yet on the NCL for sure ? Thanks

Yep, it is official and on NCL dot com.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/itineraries.html?destinationCode=BERMUDA&destinationCode=EUROPE&shipCode=DREAM

I'm so excited I have a call into my PCC or whatever they are called. Here is my questions for those who know the Dream. Some of them are pretty stupid, but I'm hoping someone like Electricron will be able to help me. I also understand that this is a new itinerary so there will be speculation here.

I spend the better part of the day on deck, in the SHADE, relaxing with a few drinks. I like to people watch so for that reason I want to be near the pool, but this is not a necesity. Are there some shaded areas on deck?

Second, and this is really the stupid one where speculation will be involved. On the Majesty last July the Starboard side of the ship would have been shadier. Should this be the same? In other words, will the ship turn around when arriving or leaving port?

I spend the better part of the day on deck, in the SHADE, relaxing with a few drinks. I like to people watch so for that reason I want to be near the pool, but this is not a necesity. Are there some shaded areas on deck?

There isn't much shady area near the pool where you can lay out (there is some depending on where the sun is). But, there is a great shady area on deck 8 aft. It isn't by the pool but the aft pool is right above only one deck up. This area has the same chairs as around the pool and is relaxing and usually pretty quiet. Only problem for you is there isn't a ton of people watching there.

I'm so excited I have a call into my PCC or whatever they are called. Here is my questions for those who know the Dream. Some of them are pretty stupid, but I'm hoping someone like Electricron will be able to help me. I also understand that this is a new itinerary so there will be speculation here.

Second, and this is really the stupid one where speculation will be involved. On the Majesty last July the Starboard side of the ship would have been shadier. Should this be the same? In other words, will the ship turn around when arriving or leaving port?

At the very forward part of the 8 i believe) there are deck chairs and most of the time the sun is blocked from the glass of the Italian restaurant but only sometimes. Its great for people watching in the pool are under you.

Here's the Summer 2008 itineraries for the Majesty:

7-Day Bermuda, Round-trip Charleston

Norwegian Majesty

2008: April 19, 26; May 3, 10, 17, 24; June 7

7-Day Bermuda, Round-trip Baltimore

Norwegian Majesty

2008: June 21, 28; July 5, 12, 19, 26; August 2, 9, 16

7-Day Bermuda, Round-trip Philadelphia

Norwegian Majesty

2008: August 30; September 6, 13, 20, 27

Note, the weeks starting May 31, June 14, and August 23 are missing. I'm not sure what the Majesty will be sailing on those weeks, but it does switch homeports during the latter two weeks.

The itinerary states three nights in St. George (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday).

Here's the Dream's Summer 2008 itineraries. I'm surprised it survived the repositioning cruise to Los Angeles that spring. There should be a Panama Canal cruise being posted soon.

7-Day Bermuda, Round-trip Boston

Norwegian Dream

2008: May 4, 11, 18, 25; June 1, 8, 22, 29; July 6, 13, 20, 27; August 3, 10, 17, 24; September 28; October 5, 12, 19, 26

Note, the September 1, 7, 14, and 21 weeks are missing. An entire month is too long for a normal dry dock. Possibly some Canadian cruises?

The itinerary for the Dream states 3 nights (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) in St. George?

I thought the Dream was too long to turn around there, the limitation of the turning basin was 700 feet, while the Dream is 754 feet long. I hope the Dream doesn't get stuck in the mud turning around in St. George's harbor.

So, it appears the Dream and Majesty will occupy berths next to one another in St. George on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Apparently neither of them will berth in Hamilton in 2008.

7-Day Bermuda, Round-trip Boston

Norwegian Dream

2008: May 4, 11, 18, 25; June 1, 8, 22, 29; July 6, 13, 20, 27; August 3, 10, 17, 24; September 28; October 5, 12, 19, 26

The itinerary for the Dream states 3 nights (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) in St. George?

I thought the Dream was too long to turn around there, the limitation of the turning basin was 700 feet, while the Dream is 754 feet long. I hope the Dream doesn't get stuck in the mud turning around in St. George's harbor.

I'm planning to book the first one of the season, so if we get stuck I'll know that Electricron predicted it.:D

We would love to sail out of Boston, but the Dream doesn't seem to have many balcony cabins. I was glad to see the Dawn will be spending 3 days in Bermuda in 2008. Now that ship has lots of balcony cabins.

FYI -

The least expensive BALCONY cabin on the Dawn is $400 less than a balcony on the Dream for 5/11.

Still thinking.

The balcony cabins on the Dream tend to be fairly expensive because there are so few of them. One thing that the Dream does have in its favour is loads of open deck space both fore and aft. I'd love to do a Bermuda cruise but like the look of the Northern/Norway cruise on the Jade - and we would only have a domestic flight to get to Southampton.

I'm really pleased to see that the Dream is still in the fleet - at least for a little bit longer.

Archived