question on Spirit and Elation

The only Carnival ship we have been on was the Spirit, and we really liked it. We are considering a 5 day cruise from San Diego on the Elation. I would like any comparative feedback from those who have cruised both, and would like to know how they have liked the Elation. Thanks for any help you can give me.

I can't compare those 2 ships, but can compare Spirit class to Fantasy class. I like both of them and in some areas like the Fantasy class better. The spirit class is bigger, newer, and mostly balcony cabins. Fantasy class is smaller, older, and only the suites have balconies, most of the cabins are OV. I happen to like the layout of the Fantasy class a little better, especially the buffet areas. The Fantasy class ships feel less crowded to me, but that's my opinion. The retail areas on the Fantasy class are quite small, nothing compared to the Spirit class. Hopefully someone else can give you the details on the Elation.

I have sailed both the Spirit and the Elation. I enjoyed them both. While the Spirit is bigger, to me it seemed to be a really mellow cruise. We thought the Elation was alot more fun. She has alot of dark woods, marble and brass. I too am a big fan of the Fantasy class ships. I do wish they had more balcony cabins. Compared to the other fantasy class ships we have been on (Paradise and Esctacy) the Elation wins hands down! In fact we liked her so much we are sailing her again in August. Hoping she still looks good...since it has been awhile since we were on her.

Really hard to compare....we have been on all classes of Carnival ships and I think they were pretty much comparable to each other except size.

Some of the newer ships of course have the specialty restaurants, while some others have the big screen, some have the in your face decor while others are less in your face.......

Archived