Sunset Beach Resort - Montego Bay

thelland

I know this should go on the Jamaica board but am not getting a respsonse. Does Sunset Beach Resort ever deny a day pass to cruise ship passenger because they are full? Our cruise will stop in Jamaica on 5/30. This is the Wed. after Memorial Day. I am concerned that the resort will not accept my day pass.

I stayed at SBS on my last vacation.The worse case senerio is if they are crowded you may have to wait in line for the buffet,to get down the waterslide, or to get a drink. Kids are still is school so there won't be that many families at this time. You can call their reservations number at

1-800-234-1707. It's a big resort and this is not high season for families.

Good luck.

I was there on 5/31/06, it wasn't crowded at all.

I know this should go on the Jamaica board but am not getting a respsonse. Does Sunset Beach Resort ever deny a day pass to cruise ship passenger because they are full? Our cruise will stop in Jamaica on 5/30. This is the Wed. after Memorial Day. I am concerned that the resort will not accept my day pass.

I have never heard of them turning anyone away. We were there a couple of weeks ago and it was fabulous. It is a great value, everyone was very friendly and the drinks were good. The food was ok, but we were spoilt with the food on the ship. The jamaican patties were GREAT though..have fun

i'm thinking about this too.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147311-d149881-Reviews-Sunset_Beach_Resort_Spa-Montego_Bay_Jamaica.html

but now CCL has a new excursion to Bamboo beach (buffet and drinks included). looks like it used to be for Princess pax only. i'm trying to find out as much as i can about that excursion/beach so i can see how it compares to sunset.

I was there in 2004 for the day via a cruise ship and it was wonderful. I loved it. Now, I can see where some people on a land vacation may be disappointed especially in the food, but for the day as a cruise ship passenger I think it is wonderful. Imo, you will not be disappointed.

Montego Bay is a stop for us again next year, and we will go here.

Marie

I was there in 2004 for the day via a cruise ship and it was wonderful. I loved it. Now, I can see where some people on a land vacation may be disappointed especially in the food, but for the day as a cruise ship passenger I think it is wonderful. Imo, you will not be disappointed.

Montego Bay is a stop for us again next year, and we will go here.

Marie

thanks, marie. have you ever done bamboo beach? how far is the ride to sunset from the pier?

thanks, marie. have you ever done bamboo beach? how far is the ride to sunset from the pier?

I have never done bamboo beach. And, on that particular cruise(Celebrity) I could see the resort from the ship. It is very close. A few minutes ride by taxi. I've also been on a land vacation to Jamaica many years ago. I'm just not a fan of Jamaica, and I'll just leave it at that since this can turn heated, lol, I've noticed on some boards. I am very happy to go to a resort where I will not be hassled. I left the ship, straight to the taxi, to the resort. That works for me :).

Marie

I was there on April 12 or 13th, not sure which. When we got to the gates, we were told that it was closed. We weren't the earliest there, but after talking to other cruisers we found out that it was closed for the entire day, but not sure why.

We ended up going to Aqua del Sol, which I might add was nothing spectacular.

For those of you who have stayed here for a vacation (especially with kids!) can you elaborate on your stay? I am trying to decide for my next trip between another cruise or trying this kind of thing. My kids range in age from 3 yrs to 17 yrs...six kids. Does it live up to expectations from the website?

Thanks!

I have never done bamboo beach. And, on that particular cruise(Celebrity) I could see the resort from the ship. It is very close. A few minutes ride by taxi. I've also been on a land vacation to Jamaica many years ago. I'm just not a fan of Jamaica, and I'll just leave it at that since this can turn heated, lol, I've noticed on some boards. I am very happy to go to a resort where I will not be hassled. I left the ship, straight to the taxi, to the resort. That works for me :).

Marie

not many are, i have seen. i am not thrilled that CCL switched our itinerary and gave us Ochos rios after we booked a cruise going to costa maya.:rolleyes: many on our roll call aren't either...

we decided to stay w/ the cruise, but i'd like to spend the day in the safest, friendliest, no hassel "buy this, lady" place. if sunset was like that, that works for me. thanks.

We stayed here this past July for a week with our kids ages 8 and 11. This is a solid 3 star resort. The kids will love it, especially since it has a water park. As an adult it was Ok, but I chose it specifically because of the kids, which made it perfect. You can go snorkeling right off the beach. They have a child care program that keeps the kids very busy. It is also one of the most afforable family A/I resorts on the island. For value and family fun, I would definately do it again. For time away without the kids I would choose someplace else. I have always done A/I and now we are taking our kids on Elation for 6 days in November. You may also want to consider Starfish Trelawny, this is another reasonable priced, family and kid oriented all inclusive.

We stayed here this past July for a week with our kids ages 8 and 11. This is a solid 3 star resort. The kids will love it, especially since it has a water park. As an adult it was Ok, but I chose it specifically because of the kids, which made it perfect. You can go snorkeling right off the beach. They have a child care program that keeps the kids very busy. It is also one of the most afforable family A/I resorts on the island. For value and family fun, I would definately do it again. For time away without the kids I would choose someplace else. I have always done A/I and now we are taking our kids on Elation for 6 days in November. You may also want to consider Starfish Trelawny, this is another reasonable priced, family and kid oriented all inclusive.

thanks, kool. this seems to be the frontrunner, getting a cruise ship day pass.

not many are, i have seen. i am not thrilled that CCL switched our itinerary and gave us Ochos rios after we booked a cruise going to costa maya.:rolleyes: many on our roll call aren't either...

we decided to stay w/ the cruise, but i'd like to spend the day in the safest, friendliest, no hassel "buy this, lady" place. if sunset was like that, that works for me. thanks.

Sunset Beach Resort is in Montego Bay, not Ochos Rios. I'm not sure what there is to do in Ocho Rios.

Marie

Archived