45 day letter/bon voyage gifts

cruisin' again

Sorry...the search for this kept timing out on me. :mad:

For anyone that has recieved a letter that Carnival is giving you a Bon Voyage gift for your next cruise...have you been able to pick one of ANY of the things in the gift section on the website???

Thanks in advance!:D

Not any, but almost most of them!

When I called they ran thru the list of what we could have!

I choose the Anniversary decorations for a surprise for hubby & then a 2nd choice if the 1st wasn't available for a bottle of red wine.

Then while on the phone with the same lady I also ordered a chocolate/choclate b-day cake for hubby to be delievered on his b-day which is the last nite of our cruise to the dining room.

It was really easy....but the choices....there were lots of them so that made it alittle hard! Have in mind what you want & see if they suggest it! If not ask!

Be blessed, be a blessing! :p

Sorry...the search for this kept timing out on me. :mad:

For anyone that has recieved a letter that Carnival is giving you a Bon Voyage gift for your next cruise...have you been able to pick one of ANY of the things in the gift section on the website???

Thanks in advance!:D

I have yet to book and try to use mine, but would hope that I could pick something that is practicle to me. Even a coupon for some pics or a soda card would work. We don't drink and who needs any more food?

Kristina

i sent a email via carnival website telling them how great our last cruise was hoping for "the letter" so we could take advantage of the free drink coupons. they just sent me an email back and thanked me for my wonderful feedback! no offer of free gift. did i do something wrong?

When I got my 45 day letter it was after sending a letter by snail mail. It was after we had Noro-virus on a ship and I complimented the cruise line on how they handled it. Seriously, even though it was somewhat annoying to get 3 phone calls from the pursers desk checking on our well being, at least we knew someone knew we were still alive!!

Just a heads up...

1. When you call, get the name of the person helping you and write it on your letter.

2. Also note what you selected. They have always asked us several questions. We have gotten everything from chocolate to wine to drink coupons etc.

The reason for the first two suggestions is "occasionally" (very rarely but it does happen)...they forget. If you have your letter with you then you can go to the Purser's Desk.

The goody is a nice "thank you" and nothing huge...but just know that it can get overlooked sometimes. If you have the letter, you can get it rectified.

I actually was surprised to get a response so quickly! I sent an e-mail to Uncle Bob and someone else (can't remember, I think I searched for the names and got them on a thread). I emailed on 4/21 in the afternoon and got a response today (the 24th).

I had many pros AND cons in my e-mail. The main one being no functioning air conditioning except one day during the seven day cruise! I was pleased they offered the Bon Voyage gift. They did ask why I hadn't brought my concerns to the purser's desk while I was on board. I have e-mailed them back telling them EVERYTHING was brought to their attention at least once and nothing was done or said about any of it! So I'll be interested to see what the response (if any) will be.

I was wondering if there was usually a price limit to the gift.

Thanks for all the responses!!!

I have a 45 day letter too but I have a little problem, I'm a week away from my cruise and I forgot to redeam it at the 45 day mark! Do you think I'll still be able to redeam it if I call tomorrow? :eek: It's probably too late but I'm going to at least try because it's only valid for 18 months and it expires before I go on the next cruise in Nov. 2008.

I asked for photo coupons. Thinking the way the lady talked on the phone, it would be a couple of coupons. I am not complaining but it was only one coupon for $15 off of my embarkment picture which was regulary $21.99 for the 1 8x10. As much as I spent on pictures it was nice to have, making that picture $6.99. I hope this gives you an idea of what you will be getting.

I have a 45 day letter too but I have a little problem, I'm a week away from my cruise and I forgot to redeam it at the 45 day mark! Do you think I'll still be able to redeam it if I call tomorrow? :eek: It's probably too late but I'm going to at least try because it's only valid for 18 months and it expires before I go on the next cruise in Nov. 2008.

I used mine almost 3 1/2 years after receiving it!

Try it, won't hurt!

Be blessed, be a blessing! :p

when i got mine, i called at the 45 day mark and they told me to call back about 2 weeks before my cruise.

So i think you will not have a problem, just call tomorrow.

Archived