Progreso

2BIGOFKID

We were just there last week and we had a blast! I enjoyed Progreso just as much as Cozumel!

We took the free shuttle to the market place! We had so much fun shopping! Here's a tip~~~They have a double decker bus that cost $2 pp! It is worth it! They take you on a 20 min tour of Progreso and then you can plan what you want to do after seeing it all! We got off the tour (make sure you have some ones handy to tip the driver, tour guide and the mariachi) and headed for the beach! We took the advice of hdawson and ate at Le Saint Bonnet on the beach! We had the most wonderful coconut shrimp I have ever had! We had so much fun talking to the locals and just hanging out! I can't wait to go back!

We'll be there in about a week and a half and I recall reading two things. One was that there were great (and cheap) massages on the beach and that the food and drink prices were noticably cheaper than Cozumel or Cancun. What can you tell me about that, because my wife is interested in the massage, and I'm interested in cold buckets of beer, Corona or Sol, and some snacks to soak up the beer. I'm not really cheap, but I hate spending more money than I have to.

It sounds like ya'll had a great time!

We had an awsome time and I'm sure you will too!

We both had neck massages from guy that was set up in front of Le Saint Bonnet on the beach side. We paid him $20 total and he was very good! It's right next to the Corona Beach Club (you can't miss it!). But on you way there you have to stop and grab a $1 beer from this little hole in the wall bar behind the Corona Beach Club!

At Le Saint Bonnet we had chips and salsa, coconut shimp, I had a Sol beer and my husband had a large bottle water and i think our ticket was $20 with tip! We sat under a papalet (I don't know how to spell it) and watched the water and relaxed! I wish I was there now!:rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

Archived