Valentine's Day on RCCL

We've sailed twice over Valentine's Day... On Mariner there wasn't anything special done... The following year on Navigator, they handed out a single red rose to the ladies in the dining room. It was very unexpected and nice. :)

Hello All!

I will be crusing with my DH in Feb 2008 during the week of Valentine's Day. Does anyone know if RCCL does anything special to celebrate Valentine's Day? Any decorations?

Yes they do something very special!

While the guests are eating dinner, all the RCCL employees dress up as invisible Cupids and hide in the guests cabins.:eek: When you enter your cabin they shoot you with the "MAGIC" Valentine's Day arrow....of course you do not know you have been shot because of the numbing agent that is on the arrow, and the cupids are invisible! BUT...

Once the magic potion gets into your bloodstream you will feel very passionate for the rest of the cruise...in fact you may not leave your cabin the rest of the week. :p

I hope this clear.:D

BILL

I asked the same thing before our Valentine's cruise and was told nothing was done. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Centrum on Monarch decorated for the occasion (picture #2 - click on it to make it bigger) , a Valentine's Ball in Boleros that night (picture #1) and we received a heart shaped cookie after dinner. :)

ValentinesBall.jpg.09f2e811ea1124a827c857d68c007261.jpg

CentVal.jpg.0ec791b1a065fc0750a9a9983d873fb0.jpg

Archived