What Does Category 11/12 Mean?

aimeeRN

The higher the number, the better the cabin. For 1 through 8, 1's are usually bottom deck inside, where the 8's are highest deck outside. There are also categories within each number (I.E, 8a through 8i).

9's and above can be anywhere on the ship. It 's the room size plus balcony that counts.

Numbers: Stateroom type

Letters: deck codes

balconies are usually at least deck 4 or higher

1a: inside quad miniature.....worst cabins on the ship

4: inside cabins: usually on every cabin deck.

5: porthole, some have french doors on certain ships but are right by the lifeboats

6: oceanview, large picture window

7: not sure on the specifics here

8: balcony cabins, come in regular and extended

9a: large balcony cabin, any deck, on destiny, triumph, victory, conquest, glory, valor, liberty some of these are the aft wraparound cabins

11: suite

12: penthouse suite

yes, there are 1 through 9's, 1 being ocean floor, 9 being large balcony.
Not exactly. Category 1 is not on the ocean floor!:rolleyes: Aimee, there is a lot of space underneath a category 1 - like the crew quarters, ship's working area, laundry, etc. Actually, some cabins in category 1 have portholes. Last cruise, I was in a 1A and had a porthole. It really wouldn't be like you're in a submarine!:D

7s are french doors that open with a little bit of an ocean view. Blocked by lifeboats on Spirit class ships.
Not quite :rolleyes: ......... the 5a's are the ones with the french doors blocked by lifeboats........ the 7a's are the actual balcony rooms that are partially obstructed by life boats from the railing down. I have sailed on the Spirit and had a cat 7a cabin.

What is considered the best/worst? so there are 1-9's and 11 and 12's. ? what are the best decks , ect.

thanks again

You may want to get a brochure from Carnival or a travel agent. It will have the deck plans of the ships that will help you understand better.

On the Fascination Cat 12's (The Penthouse Suites) are on the Upper Deck, which is not far up at all. It is Mid-ship.

The Cat 11's are on the Verandah Deck, which is high up. I think the differece between the Cat 11 and Cat 12 is the size of the cabin and balcony and the private balcony in the Cat 12 and semi-private in the Cat 11.

Hope that makes sense, I haven't even been yet, but getting a Cat 12 in Nov. on the Fascination. Just got this info. from researching all the Carnival websites and reading here at this awesome board!!

Thanks, everybody!

Not exactly. Category 1 is not on the ocean floor!:rolleyes: Aimee, there is a lot of space underneath a category 1 - like the crew quarters, ship's working area, laundry, etc. Actually, some cabins in category 1 have portholes. Last cruise, I was in a 1A and had a porthole. It really wouldn't be like you're in a submarine!:D

Forgot to mention - I' ve been in category 1A on different decks - Main and Upper.

Archived