Carnival Splendor!!!

FONSIDONZI03

When originally ordered, the ship was supposed to go to Costa, but Carnival Corp changed their minds and decided to have it go to CCL instead. You can go back a couple of years in Carnival's press releases for the info.

I hope my answer wasn't too technical. :p

Ding! Ding! Ding! :D i think i get it now... so, it's really a sister ship of an existing Costa ship that is now going to CCL, that's all, right? nothing more?

it sounded like someone was saying CCL was acquiring another Costa shipseparate and apart from Splendor. musta read it wrong (wldn't be the first time, LOL).

Is the Splendor a sister of the Concordia that is going to Carnival?

okay duckster -- see. i wasn't crazy. :p see the above?

"Is the Splendor a sister of the Concordia that is going to Carnival?"

Shame on you Mr. Technical for not picking up that glaring grammatical error.:D :D

you shld have told this poster, the Concordia is not going to CCL! and shld have further instructed him that the proper way to phrase the question (so as to avoid confusing cronic "overthinkers" like us) wld have been to instead state:

Is the Splendor a sister ship of Costa's Concordia?

LMAO! okay, i'm done. what a sign of boredom this post is, LOL!:p

You should see the "discussions" on whether or not Destiny and Triumph are the same class. ;)

Ew, Ew, mr. Kotter, i know that one! the triumph class has one more deck!!!!!!!!! (what do i win????)

oh, and i was young when Welcome Back Kotter was on! I am not a fossil, LMAO!:D

That transatlantic looks awesome!!

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 7:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Barcelona, Spain 7:00am 6:00pm

Palma de Mallorca, Spain 8:00am 6:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Malaga, Spain 8:00am 5:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Funchal, Madiera, Portugal 11:00am 6:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

St. Maarten, NA 7:00am 5:00pm

Fun Day At Sea

Fun Day At Sea

Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds) , FL 8:00am

Do we know the dates of the TA yet? I sure would love this one. Although what happened to the thread about the maiden voyage. Do we know when that will take place? I would Love it!!:D

Do we know the dates of the TA yet? I sure would love this one. Although what happened to the thread about the maiden voyage. Do we know when that will take place? I would Love it!!:D

i believe it said end of october '08 which is why i was guessing it wld be in lauderdale to stay for a while, in november.

10/29/08...16 days..then it will do 7 days cruises from FLL, calling on San Juan, Dominican Republic, Nassua and some other port, I think it was St Thomas, starting in Mid-Nov 08

Looks Great but I can't access the page any more all I get is the page is no longer available anyone else having this problem

error_logo.gifWe apologize, due to the current changes of our web site the page you have requested is no longer available.

To proceed to the Carnival.com homepage click "Home".

error_home_button.gif

To go back to the last page you visited click "Back".

error_back_button.gif

I would guess since they really didnt announce that the site was ready, that they are still tweaking it. It will probably be back up before the weekend is over along with a nice press release.

It's really nice, had pics of the ship as it's being put together in the shipyard. The spa area looked amazing!!!!!

Its similar to the way they set up the Freedom website, except on this one rather than a blog by the cruise director, there was a link to the "Captain's Blog" which wasnt working.

The link is working again...:)

The itineraries are great

http://www.carnival.com/cms/static_templates/promos/splendor/splendor_itinerary_home.aspx

According to the site, booking start 5/10

Mark your calendars! You can book your cruise aboard the Carnival Splendor starting

May 10th. Call your travel agent,

1-888-CARNIVAL or contact a

Carnival Vacation Planner

The Splender Website Is Back Up & Oh My God!!!!! The Splender Has So Many Fabulous, Different Itineraries--it Will Be Very Difficult Deciding "which" Itinerary To Choose!?!?!?!?!?!?! It Will Have So Many Wonderful Choices--i Can Hardly Wait!!!!!

Cant wait to see the spa and gym pics.

One of the largest spas afloat, the Carnival Splendor's spa will cover 21,000 square feet over two decks overlooking the sea. It will include treatment rooms, gym, salon, exclusive Spa accommodations and much more. The spa will also offer an extensive range of top quality facilities and treatments in an elegant setting of tranquility. A variety of treatments for both body and face are available, along with several fitness options and private spaces for relaxation. A series of staterooms and suite accommodations featuring exclusive, private access to the spa and other special amenities will be created and bring the spa's total size to over 40,000 square feet

thalassatherapy.gif Jets of water massage your body at a soothing temperature of 33° C.

rocksauna.gif Purify and prepare your body for the spa treatment.

Thermal Suite:From the calidarium to the frigidarium to rooms perfumed with rosemary & lavender.

Gym: The latest Lifefitness equipment, aerobics, spinning, yoga, pilates and music therapy.

Mud Treatment: Clay and steam are used to nourish and revitalize the skin the traditional way.

aromaspa.gif Relax weightless while seaweed and essential oils ease fatigue.

treatmentroom.gif Welcoming private rooms and two VIP Treatment Suites.

Just looked at the site. Can not wait to see the pricing as well. I have always wanted to go to London and Copenhagen. Also got my past guest magazine and they are having a special that there is going to be special savings and a $200 OBC per stateroom if you book by 8/31/07. If I can come with the deposit I am thinking about going on the 8/30/08 cruise. That will make it cruise #6 for me. I wonder who Carnival is going to put as CD and as the godmother of this ship. I hope it is John Heald or WEE JIMMY

Archived