Divi Beach??

Boatingmom

I'll be traveling to the island in April with two children 5 & 7. Last ywar we went to Great Bae Beach by water taxi. It was nice but we want a little different. We've been to Orient before too.Is Divi Beach OK for children & how do you get there from the pier. What's the cost for taxi, chair rental, water sports etc??? Thanks !:confused:

As long as the kids are swimmers, Little Bay should be fine. Usually, but it depends entirely on the weather, the bay is fairly calm.

Divi's not on the Taxi Association posted fare list, but should be cheaper than any of the destinations posted there. It's quite close, less than 10 minutes from the cruise pier, so I would hope that it would be well under $15 or so.

Divi's beach is fine, and there's even decent snorkeling. Can't quote a fee for umbrellas and chairs, but they won't be higher than anywhere else, and could be free if you buy lunch and/or drinks at the resort.

If you're talking about jet skis or things like that for watersports, I don't remember them being offered.

• 2 weeks later...

we were just at Little Divi last week. it was absolutely beautiful. very calm waters. you can jet ski and they have a bananna boat there too. we sat on chairs and no one every charged us. it was a great beach. $3.00 cab fee per person from shopping area.

• 2 weeks later...

I made an inquiry to Divi Beach Resort and they said they have a day fee of $75 pp to use the beach - how can that be? see below

THANK YOU FOR YOUR MESSAGE. THE HOTELS EQUIPMENT IS LIMITED TO GUESTS ONLY. NON-GUEST CAN PURCHASE A DAY PASS FOR USE OF THE BEACH, AS WELL AS RESTAURANTS AND BARS, HOWEVER WE DO REQUIRE A MINIMUM 3 DAY PASS. COST PER ADULT IS $75.00 PER DAY.

Gee, thanks for writing. We planned on going to Divi Beach after some light shopping. However $75.00 is too high. Since they sell three day pass's maybe that's their way of scaring off the cruise ship crowd. I don't think any of the Sandals resorts want any of the passengers from cruise ships either based on their daily pass price.

I made an inquiry to Divi Beach Resort and they said they have a day fee of $75 pp to use the beach - how can that be? see below

THANK YOU FOR YOUR MESSAGE. THE HOTELS EQUIPMENT IS LIMITED TO GUESTS ONLY. NON-GUEST CAN PURCHASE A DAY PASS FOR USE OF THE BEACH, AS WELL AS RESTAURANTS AND BARS, HOWEVER WE DO REQUIRE A MINIMUM 3 DAY PASS. COST PER ADULT IS $75.00 PER DAY.

I have NO first-hand information about what Divi is doing currently, but this just doesn't make any sense to me. It's low season, and I would think that they would be eager to attract coustomers to their bars and restaurants.

I'll try to investigate further.

The price doesn't sound right. At one time Divi had a cruise excursion where they provided beach, chair, drink etc. but am not sure if that is still in effect. In any case, all the beaches on St. Maarten a public. Therefore, if you wanted a chair, drink, umbrella etc. you may likely have to pay for that.

Hmmmmm, a meal at $75 per person (at St. Maarten prices) would have to include:

* free sand

* beach chair

* umbrella

* beach toys

* 15 glasses of rum punch

* a 5-course gourmet meal (including Caesar Salad, Escargot, Duck a la Orange, Crepe' Suzette)

* a couple bottles of good French wine!

For me, I'd rather rent a chair then go to the L'escargot Restaurant on Front Street in Philipsburg with some soft French music in the background!!

As a local, we go to Divi a lot. Whenever we want to go to the beach, we're at Divi. Its of free use for sure, they don't charge you. As for the chairs, they didn't charge us for that either. Its a pretty calm beach with watersports offered. I know jetskiing is $45 for half hour, and kayaking is about $15 for an hour (not to sure). There are two bars conveniently located on each side of the beach. There is also a pool but those are only for hotel guests which they are very strict about. All I know is that there isn'y a fee for the beach, and for sure not $75.

Archived