Hump or Aft Balcony-VOS???

Cclaw

Hi There:

The hump and aft cabins are extremely popular. Both have their pros/cons so it's a matter of what you prefer.

Based on my experience I'll give you my opinion of both. Hopefully this will help you decide.

Hump Cabins

Center of ship.

Great view since this part of the ship sticks out.

Close to elevators/stairs/library/internet cafe/royal promenade/etc.

Feel less motion.

Standard size balconies.

If you are a light sleeper you may experience some noise near the stairs/elevators which may wake you up. DH/I had a hump last year on Explorer and every night we were woken up by people talking loudly by the elevators/stairs. We moved due to this. Others that have been in a hump cabin didn't have problems. It was just one of those things but due to that we won't stay in a hump cabin again.

Aft Cabins

Will be in an aft cabin for the December cruise but toured them during our B2B cruise last year.

View is awesome!

Depending on what cabin you get, the balconies are definitely larger.

Cabin size is the same except for the two end D1 cabins on Deck 10. Due to the rooms being on the corner of the ship, they are square rather than long. Gives you the feeling of being in a JS and you paid for a D1. Balcony is larger than your standard D1 cabin.

The two end cabins on Deck 7 (7388 and 7688) have huge balconies. Also there is a porthole on the side so you have the best of both worlds.

There is a huge metal structure in the aft section of the ship. Some people doesn't like it and some don't mind.

More quiet in the aft section of the ship.

Much longer walk to the front of the ship but if you don't mind the extra walking you're fine.

The view of the wake and listening to it at sea.. peaceful from what I've been told.

Listed below is a link that Bonnie Voyager has put together for the aft cabins. This will give you a visual of where the cabins are located, size of balconies, etc. This really helped me and many others as well on CC.

http://community.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

One thing I do suggest that if you are looking to book an aft cabin, stay away from the ones on Deck 6. Not as much privacy on your balcony since the area in front of it is used for the crew. Granted not many crew members use this area but still something to consider. I would go Deck 7 and higher.

I can't wait to cruise in December and be in an aft cabin. I've read so many wonderful things about them and can finally try it! I think this will be the new section for when DH/I cruise.

Good luck with whatever you decide and hope I was able to help you.

Happy Cruising!

Sea ya!

Trish.............. that was an excellent answer to the ongoing Hump vs. Aft question.

Having done both we now choose the Aft for the serenity and privacy that in particular, the corner afts provide. But let it be said that we would cheerfully book a hump cabin if the aft was not available.

John

John:

Thanks so much for your feedback, it's greatly appreciated.:)

I did enjoy the hump cabin, the closeness to everything but being woken up every night was getting to DH/I. It was just one of those things. We tried it and sad to say it didn't work out for us. Still a great cabin with many perks.

I can't wait to try the aft cabin in December. We are looking forward to it. We might be travelling with a baby (trying to adopt) so the aft cabin with the larger baclony will come in handy since we'll be spending a lot of time there. From what we seen on the B2B last year (in between cruises) we fell in love with the aft cabins, the larger balconies, etc. The steel structure doesn't bother us. To have the view of the wake in the morning while at sea and the peacefulness is a winner to us. With all the darn food we'll be eating we'll need to walk the extra distance! LOL

Have you been in aft cabins on the Voyager class ship? Would like to get your feedback on your favorite cabins back there.

Thanks again for the compliment!

Happy Cruising....

Sea ya!

We had a cabin on deck 8 on the Voyager--aft--

I like the sliding doors to the balcony. The corners have a regular door.

If you can grab 1688 or 1388 these are the most premium of the aft.

Archived