Hear the waves?

rogerdm

I have only been on the shore of the ocean and loved the sound of the waves slapping the shore. I am in a RS on the Connie this November and Mercury next November. Will I be able to hear the waves if I leave the glass doors open? I know this sounds stupid but I have never been on a ship before.

Thanks for your understanding.

Out at sea you will hear the sound of the water crashing up against the ship as it sails through the waves. When the seas are rough, it can sound just like waves crashing on a shore, and you can definitely hear it with your balcony door open.

Usually, you'll just hear a steady rush of water, more like being near a waterfall then the beach.

In any case, sleeping with the balcony door open is one of the great pleasures of cruising!:)

I have only been on the shore of the ocean and loved the sound of the waves slapping the shore. I am in a RS on the Connie this November and Mercury next November. Will I be able to hear the waves if I leave the glass doors open? I know this sounds stupid but I have never been on a ship before.
You certainly jumped right in there with your choice of ships and Royal Suites! LOL. I'm very envious. :D

Your question has been answered above. Welcome to our world. Enjoy. :)

You certainly jumped right in there with your choice of ships and Royal Suites! LOL. I'm very envious. :D

Your question has been answered above. Welcome to our world. Enjoy. :)

I only made my choices based on the wonderful people on this board and their great advice. Mind you, I have been reading these threads day and night and made my choices based on the advice given. Thank you.

Archived