Sailing out of NYC - Weather Question

mbchin1

We are leaving this Sunday on the Spirit - first stop Port Canaveral. What can I expect on Monday - a day at sea - on the way to FL? Will it be cold sailing? I know cold is all a matter of opinion, but trying to get an idea of what the temp will be at sea this first day...

It's hard to say. We left on the Dawn on 4/12. It was snowing in Boston and 39 degrees in NYC. We were in the pool on the afternoon of the first sea day. We left last year on 4/16 and some kids were in the pool the day we left. That first sea day was a little windy but about 65 degrees.

Hello...it's still cool here in NYC - in the 50's. I'm guessing there will be no pool swimming until you get down to around Virginia or NC. When we took this itinerary in October, the bumpiest it became was outside of NC (on the way down and back). But it only lasted a little while.

Have a terrific cruise!

Ciao,

W A W W

We are leaving this Sunday on the Spirit - first stop Port Canaveral. What can I expect on Monday - a day at sea - on the way to FL? Will it be cold sailing? I know cold is all a matter of opinion, but trying to get an idea of what the temp will be at sea this first day...

Keep watching these two forecasts:

High Seas: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/zone/hsmz.htm

Offshore: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/zone/wrdoffmz.htm

Archived