Coffee cards for the espresso drinker

Sundagger

My brother knows I am extremely fond of good coffee, so gave me a coffee card for my last cruise. What neither of us realized (since I have not cruised since the introduction of Explorations), was that it's NOT a good deal if you prefer straight espresso. The card cost around $29 for ten drinks, but a double shot espresso is only $1.38. That's what is on my statement for those I got after using up the card, although I got to know the barista, so I may have gotten the double for less than list price.

Anyway ... there aren't a lot of coffee drinks that go for $3 or more, although you certainly could load up some of the more complex drinks to be more than that. I wish I had a menu/price list from the coffee bar, but hadn't thought of it at the time. If anyone does, it would be a public service to post it here.

It definitely is superior to the espresso that I get in the dining room with dessert, and to the former free coffee bar pre-Vista.

My brother knows I am extremely fond of good coffee, so gave me a coffee card for my last cruise. What neither of us realized (since I have not cruised since the introduction of Explorations), was that it's NOT a good deal if you prefer straight espresso. The card cost around $29 for ten drinks, but a double shot espresso is only $1.38. That's what is on my statement for those I got after using up the card, although I got to know the barista, so I may have gotten the double for less than list price.

Anyway ... there aren't a lot of coffee drinks that go for $3 or more, although you certainly could load up some of the more complex drinks to be more than that. I wish I had a menu/price list from the coffee bar, but hadn't thought of it at the time. If anyone does, it would be a public service to post it here.

It definitely is superior to the espresso that I get in the dining room with dessert, and to the former free coffee bar pre-Vista.

I'll make sure I get as many menus, daily activity sheets, etc...to scan and post from the Noordam when I get back. Thanks for the suggestion!:)

Archived