Question about the pier in Costa Maya

float'n fanatics

I'm thinking that I read somewhere here awhile back that there are carts that will pick you up at the ship and bring you to the pool area. Is that true? We have a couple of women on our roll call that have injuries, and we want to make sure that won't have to walk the whole length of the pier.

Thanks! cheerleader3.gif

It's a fairly long walk from the gangway to the end of the dock where you get the shuttle. The pier is L shaped.

If you are lucky enough to dock on the straight part of the pier the shuttle will be right there.

From the shuttle to stores is a short walk and there are benches to sit on after you get inside the walls of the shopping area.

I agree with Cusyl - We were on the NCL Sun in Feb and my dad has a hard time walking long distances. The Sun was on the L part and we got him off the ship and we started walking. When he got to the turn he said he couldn't go anymore and sat down. We didn't see the shuttle (or remember it) so my husband treked back to the Sun to ask about a wheelchair. In the meantime, the shuttle showed up, I put my mom & dad on it and went to find my DH. We then walked (again) down the long pier and met my parents. We then got a golf cart and carted him to town and up and down the street. It made for a very enjoyable time for him - and for us because he didn't feel like he was slowing us down.

Anyone with walking problems would probably do best renting a golf cart instead of taking a taxi or bus to town. The police let us ride the golf cart on the street as long as we went S L O W. Which we did. On our way back when leaving, we brought the policeman a bottle of water. He was very thankful.... :)

Kathy

Archived