Dream schedule prior to Boston 2008

weary traveler

I can find the Dream doing South America with a trip into Miami sometime towards the middle of April 2008 prior to arriving in Boston for the Bermuda run starting in May. Anyone have an idea what it's doing between Miami in April and Boston in May 2008? i'm hoping for some type of repo i can't yet find on the NCL site. Thanks!

Weary

I can find the Dream doing South America with a trip into Miami sometime towards the middle of April 2008 prior to arriving in Boston for the Bermuda run starting in May. Anyone have an idea what it's doing between Miami in April and Boston in May 2008? i'm hoping for some type of repo i can't yet find on the NCL site. Thanks!

Weary

None of the repo cruises have been posted yet for any of the ships. If it does go from Miami one port you will have to hit for sure is Aruba - The closest distant foreign port.

The Dream has a 18 day reposition cruise from Santiago to Los Angeles posted starting April 13. That means it'll arrive in Los Angeles on May 1.

The Dream's first Bermuda cruise from Boston starts May 4. There's no way it can sail from Los Angeles to Boston in 4 days. Therefore, the repositioning cruise could be changed to a 22 day cruise from Santiago to Boston. Whether is stops in Miami on the way I don't know.

But I don't believe there's time to do both a Panama Canal cruise from Santiago to Miami and a Exotic Caribbean cruise from Miami to Boston.

This fall's repositioning Panama Canal cruise from Miami to Santiago takes 14 days. The Spirit's Exotic Caribbean cruise this fall from New York to New Orleans takes 15 days, that adds up to 29 days. Although they might be able to trim 7 days off by having 7 less ports along the way. Dropping 7 ports in three weeks is dropping more than two ports a week.

It'll be interesting to see what changes NCL makes, Today I will state it's safe to assume the Dream isn't going to be sailing to Los Angeles that spring. I'm thinking the repositioning cruise will sail to Miami instead, then it will sail empty (dead headed) to Boston. An overnight cruise from Boston is a possibility whether the repositioning cruise ends in Miami, New York, or Boston, prior to starting regular Bermuda cruises from Boston. We'll just have to wait and see what NCL decides upon.

The Dream has a 18 day reposition cruise from Santiago to Los Angeles posted starting April 13. That means it'll arrive in Los Angeles on May 1.

Not anymore - that cruise like the GEM NYC cruises on the 19th and 26th were pulled when the new deployements were posted.

Stay tuned for Santiago to Miami or even Boston direct to avold a long repo from Miami.

I agree... they'll have to do something.. unless theyre gonna give it a few days to spruce it up in Boston prior to the bermuda runs.. or a couple of trips to nowhere.. should be interesting.. her and the Jewel of the Seas both doing Canadian trips out of Boston.. not to mention Holland America if they hang on one more year here as well. seems strange they would interupt the bermuda weeklies for canada..

Archived