Pirates, Birds and Monkeys with Royal Caribbean

Lorij91

When I signed up for this excursion, I was given the option of two times, and the description says 3 hours. DD and I would like to do the zipline but also have time for the monkeys and the beach. Is there anyone that has done this excursion through RCI? If we go with the earlier time, can we stay longer and just go back with the second group? or do we have to leave with the first group before the next group comes?:confused:

Hi,

We are going on the 7/1/07 sailing of the Rhapsody of the Seas. We are looking for an excursion in Roatan. We have signed up for excursions in the other ports. We are not sure what to do in Roatan. We are also interested in the Pirates, Birds and Monkeys excursion. We have our 12 year old son with.

MinnieCruiser

• 2 weeks later...

we are on the june 17th Rhapsody and were told we could stay longer if we would like and were under the impression they would have transportation back to the ship throughout the day, BUT I would also think you could pay a taxi as well.

we are planning on zip lining as well.

p.s. this was in a email from Gumbalimba Park, but dont hold me to it, not everybody

always has the right answers...but the 11 of us are counting on them being right.

We were just in Roatan last week on the Rhapsody of the Seas. We couldn't decide what to do so we decided to get to shore and find out what there was. You will be bombarded by locals trying to persuade you to use their services or browse their shops. We walked up and down the street and finally decided to find the first person that we felt confident in and told them what we wanted to do. We decided to go to West Bay and hang out and snorkel. We hired him and his driver for $30.00 each and they would take us whereever we wanted. They can also get better deals on snorkeling gear and zipline tours than you can get on the ship. The West Bay beach is the exact location of one of the ship's beach break excursions. We saw many people there that were on our ship. We snorkeled there for about 3 hours, drank a lot (cheap) and had a great time. Our driver and 'guide' took us to some beautiful places for pictures. Including snorkeling gear and drinks we probably only spent $85 for the day. I belive the beach break started at around $50.00 per person.

I would recommend contacting the locals. They should be able the help you fit in what you want while you are there.

I would strongly suggest scuba diving or snorkeling on Roatan. Probably the best in the caribbean.

Archived