Bar Harbor ME

jimcat

We were in Bar Harbor this spring as part of the Maasdam's cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Montreal. One of the highlights of this port is the mountain park that overlooks the town. We did a bus tour up it after the bus tour with a additional buggy ride through the park was cancelled. Unfortunately the day we were there it was cloudy and rainy and when we got to the top of the mountain it was raining and all we could see was clouds. On a clear day you can get great views from up there. The small town of Bar Harbor has many quaint restaurants and souvenir stores. Several other passengers we talked to had great lobster lunches there. I thought I had saved some links that I checked out before our cruise but I don't seem to be able to find them right now. If I find them I will post them.

Have a great next cruise.

jim... which cruise line are you taking? i am doing a canada/new england cruise as well this september... however ours is the 11th-18th.

for more info about bar harbor, you might want to check out the Ports of Call under Canada/New England... also check out www.barharborguide.com... there's a lot of info on that website.

We did our tour through HAL at Bar Harbor. We did some of our tours on our own or arranged with independents but finding anyone at Bar Harbor in early May was a problem. They really don't start opening up until Memorial day. WE had this problem in several of the ports we visited so we ended up doing more HAL tours than normal.

Have a great next cruise.

We are doing the September 12th -19th Grand Princess. I did find a Bar habour tour that is like 20.00 per person, which takes in Acadia park.. the fella said it is the same tour you get from the ship.. which ours charges 44 per person

So I have been shopping :)

Archived