New Ship in Philadelphia??

Would love to know the answer to this myself. I would surely cruise more often if RCI would come to Philadelphia! The only problem is that most cruises out of Philadelphia sit in Bermuda for 3-4 days and I don't care for that. My fantasy would be for a Voyager class ship, but I don't think Philadelphia is up to the task!

The Voyager Class is over 200 ft. tall and the Philadelphia and Baltimore Port bridges are only about 18o some feet tall. The Radiance Class ships meet be able to clear them thought. The Granduer is a Vision Class and can do Baltimore. I am not sure about the Delaware River Bridges especially the Commodore Barry Bridge.

The Enchantment has sailed from Philadelphia (2005), the only bridge the ships pass under is the Commodore barry Bridge, the Philadelphia cruise terminal is before the remaining delaware river bridges.

Can anyone tell me if there will be any new ships coming into Philadelphia Port?? I am not to fond of NCL, and with the Empress of the Seas on it's way out next year not sure what to expect.

Do NOT tease me with a title like that!

I thought that you were reporting something, not asking! :(

We sailed on the Enchantment out of Philadelphia, and it was amazing. I would love to see another ship come here regularly.

Ah, the luxury of leaving the house at 10:30 and being on the ship at 11:30!

With the RCCL Explorer going out of Bayonne NJ year round now and the 2 RCCL owned Celebrity ships out of Bayonne, they may not replace the Empress in Philly. The Celebrity Journey will do the Empress Bermuda run of Hamiliton and St. George. The Explorer does the 5 night Bermuda plus the 9 night Eastern Caibbean, 9 night New England Canada, New 2008 Canada only itinerary, and 12 night Southern Caribbean The other Celebrity does the eastern Caribbean runs also and New England with the Journey. As far I have heard from TA's in this area I've heard there are no plans of replacing Empress at this time which is too bad as Philly was a popular place to cruise out of but I guess they feel Bayonne is close enough to Philly. :o RCCL supposely made a major committment to Cape Liberty Pier so maybe they are focused on just using that?

The Enchantment has sailed from Philadelphia (2005), the only bridge the ships pass under is the Commodore barry Bridge, the Philadelphia cruise terminal is before the remaining delaware river bridges.posted by Mac303

there is also the Delaware memorial bridges built way before the Commodore barry Bridge

Archived