Tauck lower Danube.

CalifCruiser

We cruised on the Swiss Emerald in June 2006 from Amsterdam to Budapest. It was a brand new boat then and very luxurious. We were in the least expensive cabin on the bottom deck. It was small but adequate as we did not spend a lot of time in there. We were blessed with great weather so we spent most of our time on deck watching the scenery passing by.

It was my 1st river cruise and I was very pleasantly surprised how elegant and well appointed the boat was.

Food was excellent. Breakfast was buffet with cold and hot items (fresh baked bread and pastries were divine!). Lunch was also buffet with a special hot item that was prepared individually if you wanted to order it.

Dinner was ordered from a menu - usually 2 or appetizers, 2 soups, 1 salad and meat, fish and vegeterian entre. Dessert was a buffet of cheeses, fruit, ice cream and special dessert prepared each night. Wine and beer was included with lunch and dinner.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

I am attaching a picture of our cabin E106.

Eva

Cabin106_atNight.jpg.c6f9ab92d575db56abb3e17d56c25734.jpg

• 2 months later...
We cruised on the Swiss Emerald in June 2006 from Amsterdam to Budapest. It was a brand new boat then and very luxurious. We were in the least expensive cabin on the bottom deck. It was small but adequate as we did not spend a lot of time in there. We were blessed with great weather so we spent most of our time on deck watching the scenery passing by.

It was my 1st river cruise and I was very pleasantly surprised how elegant and well appointed the boat was.

Food was excellent. Breakfast was buffet with cold and hot items (fresh baked bread and pastries were divine!). Lunch was also buffet with a special hot item that was prepared individually if you wanted to order it.

Dinner was ordered from a menu - usually 2 or appetizers, 2 soups, 1 salad and meat, fish and vegeterian entre. Dessert was a buffet of cheeses, fruit, ice cream and special dessert prepared each night. Wine and beer was included with lunch and dinner.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

I am attaching a picture of our cabin E106.

Eva

Thanks for posting the picture. I just booked cabin#107 today and I am assuming they are identical. We are sailing the Black Sea to Budapest cruise with Tauck.

Peggy

Archived