Port Security

777mjrseb

The reasons it's an issue on planes doesn't directly apply to cruising. You get to open your "checked" luggage onboard the ship, but you can't do that on a plane. As long as it's allowed onboard, you can carry it on.

I agree. But at Long Beach port they almost took my scissors away from me. They measured to see how long they were. They came up 1/4" short.

I told them how silly....I could grab a steak knife while on board if I wanted to stab someone. They were not smiling:eek:

Liquids are fine in your carryon. Be aware that you cannot take pictures or use a cell phone inside the port buildings. Saw one woman in Tampa trying to take pictures of the ship from inside the security area. They asked her to stop and she kept snapping more pictures. They threatened to haul her away and she finally put away the camera.

Liquids are fine in your carryon. Be aware that you cannot take pictures or use a cell phone inside the port buildings. Saw one woman in Tampa trying to take pictures of the ship from inside the security area. They asked her to stop and she kept snapping more pictures. They threatened to haul her away and she finally put away the camera.

They said something to DH & me outside of the port building before we got in line......still got a good shot though........plus camcorder footage from inside the bus:p I don't see why you can't take the pics outside of the building. Security reasons I'm sure, but you see where folks have taken pics all the time.

Archived