I want to live at Nachi Cocom!

AUTUMN SUN

Sorry it took so long to post this. Have been so busy. Let me first say a little about myself. I was born and raised in southern California and spent all of my available time at the beach. From birth on!!!!! I now live in the south and dream daily of the ocean. It is the one thing I miss so much living where I do. Although I enjoy my simpler life , I do love the beach. With that said, I have to take trips at least yearly to a tropical place with a beautiful beach! This year it worked out that a cruise was on the agenda. I had really wanted to stay in the Riviera Maya for a week but that didnt work out. So this stop in Cozumel at Nachi Cocom was a huge deal for me. It would give me my needed fix!!LOL! I obsessed and planned this to death! Now you know that nothing ever goes as planned when something is so important to you! Well, we ended up helping another ship(Princess) look for two college students who went overboard during the night before our Cozumel stop. We ended up getting to Cozumel about 2:00 pm instead of 9:00 am! Before you freak, just let me say that I do agree that we needed to help find those college kids. (They were found and are fine.) We ended up having about 2 hours at Nachi. I never once thought of skipping the excursion and im glad we didnt. Those were two of the finest hours I have ever spent anywhere. It lived up to everyone of my dreams and fantasys and then some! It was practically empty and we had no problem getting a palpaya covered lounge chairs. The beach service was wonderful and the food to die for. I orded fish tacos which were not on the menu but that was no problemo!!! So, so good!!!! The drinks were STRONG and wonderful. You didnt even have to ask for another one, you just looked up and there was a fresh one!!! I had regular margaritas on the rocks and they were very, very good!!! We really want to go back to Cozumel and spend at least a week and that will definitly include Nachi Cocom!! I know that on any given day that ones experience might be different than mine as well as ones perception of events. I can only say that Nachi filled all of my expectations and my son and I talk often about the few hours of peace and beauty we had there and long to go back!! I hope you enjoy my pictures!!! Here is the link!:)

http://picasaweb.google.com/PJANZALONE

Thanks for fixing the link. What happened to the rest of the people? Looks like you had the place to yourselves.

We did!! I think because there was so few ships in port that day plus it was late in the afternoon. It was beyond description!:)

Autumn Sun - my DH and i will be there in December and we definiately want to go to Nachi Cocom. Please tell me how to get there ... Bus, taxi, etc? Our boat does not do an excursion there. How much was the travel fair and access to the beach? Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Autumn Sun - my DH and i will be there in December and we definiately want to go to Nachi Cocom. Please tell me how to get there ... Bus, taxi, etc? Our boat does not do an excursion there. How much was the travel fair and access to the beach? Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

As soon as we got off the ship there were taxis lined up everywhere. No problem getting one. It was $15 for the taxi. The ride to Nachi is not long. Im not sure what you mean by access to the beach. The area is just all together with a short walk to the pool or beach. I was a little concerned at first about getting back to the ship in time. The place was so empty and I didnt see and taxis. But when it was time to leave I just let them no I needed a taxi and in 5 minutes one was waiting out front for us. It was also $15 to return to the port area. If you have any more specific questions just let me know.:)

We are signed up to go this week (we are crusing on mariner of the seas sunday) and you have to sign up thru Island Marketing's website. Its a private beach club so you cant sign up thru the ship[- at least thats what i was told! We are so looking forward to that day, looks soo relaxing.

Thanks for writing about it!

• 1 month later...
As soon as we got off the ship there were taxis lined up everywhere. No problem getting one. It was $15 for the taxi. The ride to Nachi is not long. Im not sure what you mean by access to the beach. The area is just all together with a short walk to the pool or beach. I was a little concerned at first about getting back to the ship in time. The place was so empty and I didnt see and taxis. But when it was time to leave I just let them no I needed a taxi and in 5 minutes one was waiting out front for us. It was also $15 to return to the port area. If you have any more specific questions just let me know.:)

Do you know if there are taxis available for a group of 6? We would hate to seperate our group and this looks like a nice place to spend the day. We have been to Passion Island the last 2 visits to Cozumel and I would like to visit some place different. But still spend a relaxing day on the beach. Plus you can't really snorkel at PI, just beach, food & drink.

What is the entry fee to this beach area? I know that Paradise Beach is $9 for the wristbands -but chair is free as long as you eat/drink. Same deal here - or entry fee?

Thanks!

Nope Nachi is an all inclusive resort.. $49 per person...

Archived