Driving To Carcross/Horseback Riding? An Important Message!!

bettyvon

For those of you that are renting your own car and planning on riding with Joni at Emerald Lake stables, I have an important piece of info that would have helped me greatly! When crossing into Canada, there is a one hour time change forward. I was unaware of this, and we ended up being close to an hour late for our ride. It was really disappointing, because as soon as I realized this, we drove with a purpose, no time to stop for photos! It actually worked out, becuse the people who were riding with Joni before us were also an hour late! We then took our time on the way back, but then there was not sufficient time to do much else in Skagway. We had a great ride with Joni, she is so sweet and genuine and the scenery is awesome!

Enjoy

This is true---sorry you got rushed. If you don't want to worry about the time change and having to drive, you can book the horseback riding tour via Southeast Tours. They have a shuttle that will take you up--they stop for pictures wherever you want and the driver we had was a reallly knowledgable and nice young man.

I would highly recommend Southeast Tours, too for the horseback riding. My DH and I enjoyed being able to both look at the scenery without one of us having to pay attention to driving...

We did the 1 1/2-2 hour riding tour which was plenty for my wife and me. We rode a bit, got off our horses twice to look at some pretty scenery, and then had some brownies and cakes back at the ranch with the other riders. I believe we left at 10AM from Skagway and got back a bit after 4PM. The cost including the transportation and horseback riding was $150 per person.

Archived