Oosterdam picture in Vancouver & intresting Article

lucchese1

Here is 2 links to a couple of pictures of the big O in Vancouver for Dry dock, and an intresting article about cruise ships contributing to the pollution in an area:confused: :cool: .

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=d05cfaf6-3a4f-4745-9317-3c21d57c8162&k=93623

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/business/story.html?id=4b2271ae-68f7-42d3-8b85-5803e67c71ec

Definitely interesting. I think they are confused it sounds that on one hand they want the ships there but yet they do not. Sounds a lot like the debate in Southern Nevada should we build a nuclear depostitory near Las Vegas or not:eek:

Maybe the all cruise ships should start producing biodiesl from there left over oils and such:rolleyes:, and put large wind turbines on the top to cut down on generator run time, and make all the top decks and roofing with solar producing materials;) , and capture any steam to produce thermal energy:cool:, put in ports on the bottom of the boat to produce hydroelectric power when under way:p, any maybe eventualy hydrogen powered engines for a complete green cruise industry , and I am sure there would still be a handful not satisfied and complaing about something:D !

Here is 2 links to a couple of pictures of the big O in Vancouver for Dry dock, and an intresting article about cruise ships contributing to the pollution in an area:confused: :cool: .

Can I add one more article? This one is very à propos for those of us heading up to Alaska on the Oosterdam:

http://www.canada.com/topics/travel/story.html?id=37e4b276-6778-447e-b444-ff335b490b85

Now that's the kind of article that puts a smile on your face:D Especially because it is about my favorite ship;) It reminded me so much of how I look at a cruise and when we did the Alaska cruise on the Oosterdam in 2004.

Thanks for sharing:)

Maybe the all cruise ships should start producing biodiesl from there left over oils and such:rolleyes:, and put large wind turbines on the top to cut down on generator run time, and make all the top decks and roofing with solar producing materials;) , and capture any steam to produce thermal energy:cool:, put in ports on the bottom of the boat to produce hydroelectric power when under way:p, any maybe eventualy hydrogen powered engines for a complete green cruise industry , and I am sure there would still be a handful not satisfied and complaing about something:D !
Don't forget the fine mesh netting covering everything so no napkin or cup or gum wrapper can possibly go overboard..

Archived