Really stupid Pride of Aloha-NaPali Question

cruizinwithkids

I'm sorry but I have to ask. How do I know if I will be viewing NaPali coast? I am on the ten day 2/13/08 cruise. We depart Kaua'i on Tuesday at 2PM. The Wednesday itinerary is "Cruise the South Coast of Moloka'i."

I know this is a new itinerary so no one has been on it, but would people assume we would depart Nawiliwili on Tuesday then go around Kaua'i on our way to cruising the Moloka'i coast?

You can't miss it -- it's stunning! But should you have any doubt, they have an onboard "culturalist" (not sure if that's the word) who describes what you're seeing and talks about the history of the area over the load speaker. The viewing starts half an hour or so after you depart Kauai (at least, on the current itinerary -- the ten day cruises are new so they may be a bit different).

Ah! Gotcha! Although the itinerary on the website doesn't mention the Napali coast, the diagram shows it. The itinerary for the cruise we took on the Pride of Aloha shows the ship passing Kilauea on the evening after leaving Kauai, which is incorrect -- it was after leaving Hilo -- so NCL's website has some issues!

Hi Everyone.

I've had the same question for sometime. We are going next Sunday on the PO Aloha. I read somewhere you will get to see the north coast that people are talking about which is beautiful. When I look at the itinerary and the route the ship takes it shows that they never go to the north part of Kauai. Would love to see it. Thanks.

I'm sorry but I have to ask. How do I know if I will be viewing NaPali coast? I am on the ten day 2/13/08 cruise. We depart Kaua'i on Tuesday at 2PM. The Wednesday itinerary is "Cruise the South Coast of Moloka'i."

I know this is a new itinerary so no one has been on it, but would people assume we would depart Nawiliwili on Tuesday then go around Kaua'i on our way to cruising the Moloka'i coast?

You will leave at 1:00 PM, an hour earlier than we did, from looking at the map you should have enough daylight to view the coast going clockwise.

HI_pal_Hon-Hon_10d091907.gif

http://www.ncl.com/beta/destination/itineraries.html?destinationCode=HAWAII&subDestinationCode=HAWAII.HAWAII

You will leave at 1:00 PM, an hour earlier than we did, from looking at the map you should have enough daylight to view the coast going clockwise.

Thank you for doing my homework for me - just like school. Seriously I didn't see a map like that. My printed itinerary shows departure at 2PM, but I'm sure one hour won't make a difference either way. That really was very thoughtful of you to look up the itinerary and everything.

I noticed on one of your pictures you seemed to be at the front of the ship. We are in 9002. Were you near that?

Thank you for doing my homework for me - just like school. Seriously I didn't see a map like that. My printed itinerary shows departure at 2PM, but I'm sure one hour won't make a difference either way. That really was very thoughtful of you to look up the itinerary and everything.

I noticed on one of your pictures you seemed to be at the front of the ship. We are in 9002. Were you near that?

One deck below on the port side, Pride of Aloha #8001, great viewing for the Volcano pass.

<a href=2639245060079335670S425x425Q85.jpg' alt=

• 9 years later...
Is 8002 & 9002 the Port side? Or the starboard right side? seems the right side is better for the volcano viewing and the left side is better for the Kauai Coast?

This thread is from '07 and concerns the Pride of Aloha. Not the same ship as the Pride of America. :)

You probably won't go south; there hasn't been lava flowing into the sea in several years. If you're going for a balcony, go port side for the Na Pali coast sail-by.

Is 8002 & 9002 the Port side? Or the starboard right side? seems the right side is better for the volcano viewing and the left side is better for the Kauai Coast?

This thread was posted in 2007 and the Pride of Aloha is no longer doing Hawaii, only the Pride of America. Suggest you look at the NCL website to see the current itinerary.

The 00 cabins are on the right, or Starboard side of the ship as you face the front of the ship. So 8002 and 9002 will be on the Starboard side. Cabins 8502 and 9502 will be on the left or Port side.

There has not been a lava flow into the sea from Kileaua volcano in some time, and therefore no reason to take that route. The ship goes around the opposite direction toward Kauai. When viewing was possible, it was seen from the right side.

The POA does a lengthy sail by of the Na Pali coastline the afternoon it leaves Kauai. This can be seen from the Port, or left side of the ship, or the aft facing areas as well. For this reason, many prefer a port side cabin, although it can be viewed from the public deck areas as well.