Mis-representation AGAIN!!!

Tocruise2

2nd You are all right...if you miss a special offer, don't cry over spilt milk. but I think when a corportion continually has this problem it can only make you wonder about their morals.

It has absolutely nothing to do with a company's 'morals'.

It has to do with a company that has thousands of people signed up to recieve these offers, and e-mail can't send a message to thousands of different people in 1 second - so naturally some will recieve it before others. That's just the way technology works, unfortunately.

At 11:18 this morning I got my edition of the Mariner in my e-mail ( it was not there are at 9:15AM)...It indicated that there were specials if I clicked the link it would show them to me...which it did. I found the cruise I wanted at 12:15PM and promptly called my travel agent to book it... Much to his surprise and mine it was sold out!!!! HERE WE GO AGAIN...... Holland America is becoming famous for making false offers and offers which they can not live up to. It seems it is happening continually with them and not with the other cruise lines...I guess in light of the continuance of this practise you really don't know what you are going to pay for the cruise until the lines are untied and you are at sea...and even then they will tack on the extras if they so chose.....As the old addage says...I think there is something rotten in Denmark!!!!!!!!!! Consumer beware!!!!!!

Good Grief...

There are a finite number of staterooms available - all it takes is one person to call and book all available staterooms for a family reunion or group meeting and the availabilty will be gone.

Get over it.

I'm really sorry for the Original Poster's disappointment, but I must say...

this must be the absolutely most ridiculous thread I've read on the HAL board in ages. I mean....really! LOL!!!!!

Show up at Tuesday Morning on Tuesday Afternoon, and likely the pre-advertised goods are gone.

Maybe I should sue! :eek: :D ;) ;)

Paul

running, screaming for his lawyer, and ducking...fast!

I'm really sorry for the Original Poster's disappointment, but I must say...

this must be the absolutely most ridiculous thread I've read on the HAL board in ages. I mean....really! LOL!!!!!

Show up at Tuesday Morning on Tuesday Afternoon, and likely the pre-advertised goods are gone.

Maybe I should sue! :eek: :D ;) ;)

Paul

running, screaming for his lawyer, and ducking...fast!

Sorry, but there have been many threads much more ridiculous than this.:D

Princess used to be the worst for this -- at least from our point of view. They'd send out postcards to past passengers all over the country and clients in our area NEVER got them in time to take advantage of the good deals. The problem was that the shipping depot they used was on the other side of the country and by the time the post cards got to our area thousands of others had theirs for days. But we never doubted that the deals were actually there to be taken advantage of by someone.

Good Grief...

There are a finite number of staterooms available - all it takes is one person to call and book all available staterooms for a family reunion or group meeting and the availabilty will be gone.

Get over it.[/quot

I think that this is extremley rude and how do any of you know 100% that Holland Amercia or Carnival Cruise lines doesn't participate in bait in switch? I am not saying they do but how do any of you know for sure!!

"Get over it" is VERY harsh!!!

I think that this is extremley rude and how do any of you know 100% that Holland Amercia or Carnival Cruise lines doesn't participate in bait in switch? I am not saying they do but how do any of you know for sure!!

I think it is impossible to prove, either way.

I think "harsh" is subjective.

I think this thread has just about run its course. :)

I think it is impossible to prove, either way.

I think "harsh" is subjective.

I think this thread has just about run its course. :)

t has about run it's course, but how do we know it wasn't it's course; as a TA I do know how fast these cabins can disappear.

NMNIta

how do any of you know 100% that Holland Amercia or Carnival Cruise lines doesn't participate in bait in switch? I am not saying they do but how do any of you know for sure!!

With a million attorneys out there looking for anything that remotely resembles "bait and switch" you can bet your last dollar that HAL can document that the advertised cabins were available and were booked according to the terms of the offer.

I think that this is extremley rude and how do any of you know 100% that Holland Amercia or Carnival Cruise lines doesn't participate in bait in switch? I am not saying they do but how do any of you know for sure!! "Get over it" is VERY harsh!!!

And your attitude is extremely naive - does that make you even?

Snip...

snip

This is precious!

May I use it? (with attribution, of course!)

Cheers

Mark

Rude?

Perhaps - However this individual appears (on their 6th-Ever post...) to believe that they are the only person to have received this e-mail. Reality is that these go out in the thousands to folks across the country advertising a finite number of spaces. This was obviously a great deal, otherwise they wouldn't have sold so quickly (as was the intention of the ad)

Nobody took this persons money and came back asking for more, and nobody insisted that this person spend more money on a more expensive cruise - So in my opinion: No harm, No foul.

Disappointing? Sure - but only momentarily and certainly not enough to justify a rant about how "Dishonest" anyone may be.

I can not believe you people are still on this subject...WOW....when you get a hold of someone who thinks differently than you.. you really enjoy tearing them to shreds....Unbelievable....I certainly hope Holland America now has a lot of dishes that feature bones....because you will all be excellent at tearing the meat off of them.. To be honest, I did learn a few really good lessons from all of this:

1. Don't believe these fantastic offers.... they are come ons

2. May be Holland America's cruising clientele have become the type of people who I personally would NOT want to be on a ship with for 7 or 10 days.... God forbid something ever went wrong...they probably would throw you over board...

But one good thing has come from all of this too...

I can't be slammed and bashed for being a new poster any longer, this is my fourth post...does that move me up in the "click" or with HAL's inner group ~~~ I certainly hope not..it really is not my type group...Best of luck always....

ToCruise-

PLEASE trust me on this....

The folks on this particular forum DID NOT reflect the general "attitude" of the passengers on our 12/06 Volendam cruise.

Upon our arrival home, we promptly booked another HAL cruise.

Let some of this nonsense go in one ear and out the other, honey. :)

I can not believe you people are still on this subject...WOW....

...snip.

Be flattered; people are reading your comments

Thread has third most views on first page

We bore easily. It is usuall just bouncing from dress code to the quality of meals to diapers in the pool.

Thanks for the distraction, and have great vacations at reasonable prices.

You are right tho; time to wrap this up.

Cheers

Mark

I can not believe you people are still on this subject...WOW....when you get a hold of someone who thinks differently than you.. you really enjoy tearing them to shreds....Unbelievable....I certainly hope Holland America now has a lot of dishes that feature bones....because you will all be excellent at tearing the meat off of them.. To be honest, I did learn a few really good lessons from all of this:

1. Don't believe these fantastic offers.... they are come ons

You can rant, but you don't read too well, do you? You've offered no (none, zilch, zip, nada) evidence of a "come on" or a "bait and switch" while dozens of folks have offered evidence of limited time offers, but real offers. So in the words of my forebears - put up, or hush up.

Still, if something like this is going to get your knickers in such a twist, I'd rather not be on a ship with you, either.

This complaint is as old as this board and probably older. This isn't the first thread on this subject nor will it be the last.

All of Hal's ( and more than likely other cruise lines) promo's are loaded with fine print. I don't think it is really a "bait and switch".

I would bet that when the "sale" was put together, there were cabins available. By the time it reaches a consumer, it is very possible the few cabins on sale are already gone.

People receive their Mariner's magazine at different times. It can be at least 2 weeks apart. The email received by the OP might have been received by hundreds of others, a week earlier.

I glance at them, but found I can always find the same deal or better by searching on internet TA's (if that sailing is still available).

I think to many people have way to much time on their hands, because this is old . It's just like going shopping on a sale day and HAL probably blocks a certain amount of cabins for their sales.

Archived