Non-Formal Night

Metalleg

I shared the comments of this thread with my 13 year old and he pointed out that there are quite a few "cyber-bullies" present. I guess anyone older than 25 haven't been taught civil cyber behavior in grade school. They have no problem with being condescending, snotty, rude, impatient, and just plain mean. Skip the thread if it's already been asked and get over it!!!!

Well Mr. Kindly Chap from Lie Chester Shire in Merry Olde Englande, you should know that that was one of the reasons for the American Revolution. :-) To live clothing free or die !!!! At least that's what it says on the license plates from the People's Republic of Vermont.

It's New Hampshire, sense you brought it up. You really should quit while your ahead.

[sic]

Your right about that. NH Live Free or Die! Gotta love it! But, watch what you say about us Vermonters. :D By the way...Don't you just love the Adirondacks! We kayak the Hudson quite often in the summer. Up by North Creek.

Hi neighbor! We are about one hour from Plattsburgh NY and work with Vermont frequently... in fact half our local news is about your state :) and our vet's office is there.

Since I think you SHOULD be allowed to "marry who you want" I in no way meant my post as a slam to Ben-and-Jerryville.

Hi neighbor! We are about one hour from Plattsburgh NY and work with Vermont frequently... in fact half our local news is about your state :) and our vet's office is there.

Ah. You must watch WPTZ! Half of our news is about your state! :D Gotta love Ben and Jerryville. It's where us old hippies come to die!

WPTZ is channel 5 for us here, but I thought it was based in NY :o

They have 3 Studios. One is in Burlington/Colchester, one is in Plattsburgh and one is in Claremont, NH (I think). It's WNNE in NH. But I think we all have the same news teams. Jim and Gabby in the morning. Thom and Stephanie at night and good old Tom Messner. Nice guy, but I sure would love to slap that smile off his face once in a while! :D

The thing I wonder is, if the names were painted over, how would they tell these white blocks of flats apart?

Wasn't it Burton-Hall who called them "Floating Condominiums"? He was certainly the one who penned the line "She's big, She's black, she's shiny and she's mine":)

I shared the comments of this thread with my 13 year old and he pointed out that there are quite a few "cyber-bullies" present.

I suppose that could be one explanation - the other, that civilised Europeans know far better than to take the opinion of a 13 year old colonial as gospel, is far more likely.

Nice guy, but I sure would love to slap that smile off his face once in a while! :D

Yeah, especially when he is getting all psyched about a big noreaster in APRIL! :mad:

Do you fly to your ports out of Burlington?

Yeah, especially when he is getting all psyched about a big noreaster in APRIL! :mad:

Do you fly to your ports out of Burlington?

Ok. I'll fess up. I'm a little afraid to fly. Don't know what caused it because I used to fly all over the place, but haven't since 1983.

Since we don't care where we go, and could just as easily have a wonderful time going around in circles in the middle of the ocean, we have always sailed out of Boston or NYC. We've done NCL and RCCL to Bermuda from Boston and NYC respectively, NCL to Florida and Bahamas from NYC and we've done the Legend to Eastern Caribbean from NYC twice. Our next one is Eastern Caribbean aboard the Miracle from NYC.

One of these days I will put my "Big Girl Pants" on and get on a plane again. I would love to try the Western route, or Southern. I really want to go to Martinique and Barbados.

I suppose that could be one explanation - the other, that civilised Europeans know far better than to take the opinion of a 13 year old colonial as gospel, is far more likely.

pnhmrk, I've read through the thread in which you and your fellow "Cunarders" decided that it would be good sport to come slumming amongst the colonial commoners and show us all what's what. Well, you should really be ashamed of yourselves. Your callous attitude of entitlement and superiority is both infantile and ignorant. Ironic, isn't it, that in your attempt to point out the ignorance of others, you've actually shined a spotlight on your own ignorance. Read back some of the posts in that thread on the Cunard board with a critical eye. If you cannot see the ignorance so proudly on display in some of those statements, don't bother coming back here asking for explanations. Because if you do require explanation, you are truly beyond comprehension.

Think back to not so long ago, but not back before the establishment of your beloved Cunard. Back in those days, the equivalent of a computer teacher from York would hardly be booking passage on a Cunard liner. And if he were, he would certainly find himself in the bowels of the third class section and at the receiving end of the same sort of elitist rubbish that you and your mates were directing towards the fine people who post on this board. The very people who invented the "golden age of sailing" that you and your wannabe sycophants seem to aspire to wouldn't deign to sit at the same table as you, were they alive today. There's a teaspoonful more or irony for you.

And by the way, I know plenty of people who would snicker at your assertion that Great Britain is either civilised or part of Europe (proper). These would be the same people whose forefathers were building cathedrals while your sorry ancestors were running around painted blue and praying to trees.

I noticed Laura closed that thread on the Cunard board; I imagine it won't be long before this one is closed as well -- or just disappears altogether. I don't post on the Cunard board because I don't cruise Cunard and don't have anything constructive to add. It would be nice if we on the Carnival board were extended the same courtesy from those who frequent the Cunard board. I will refrain from making any comments here (or there) about the lack of class shown by some, but I am having to bite my tongue.

If it said for a woman a "dress" is the expected attire....does that mean "skirts"...? Blue jeans are not slacks and skirts are not dresses....

;)

I have to disagree with you on this point. A skirt/blouse would be no different than a dress. It comes in two pieces instead of one. Skirts can be as formal as a dress. Look at the dresses in bridal catalogs and Prom magazines.

If your point is that a skirt "is not" a dress, you're right. If you're saying that it wouldn't fulfill that requirement, I disagree.

pnhmrk, I've read through the thread in which you and your fellow "Cunarders" decided that it would be good sport to come slumming amongst the colonial commoners and show us all what's what. Well, you should really be ashamed of yourselves. Your callous attitude of entitlement and superiority is both infantile and ignorant. Ironic, isn't it, that in your attempt to point out the ignorance of others, you've actually shined a spotlight on your own ignorance. Read back some of the posts in that thread on the Cunard board with a critical eye. If you cannot see the ignorance so proudly on display in some of those statements, don't bother coming back here asking for explanations. Because if you do require explanation, you are truly beyond comprehension.

Think back to not so long ago, but not back before the establishment of your beloved Cunard. Back in those days, the equivalent of a computer teacher from York would hardly be booking passage on a Cunard liner. And if he were, he would certainly find himself in the bowels of the third class section and at the receiving end of the same sort of elitist rubbish that you and your mates were directing towards the fine people who post on this board. The very people who invented the "golden age of sailing" that you and your wannabe sycophants seem to aspire to wouldn't deign to sit at the same table as you, were they alive today. There's a teaspoonful more or irony for you.

And by the way, I know plenty of people who would snicker at your assertion that Great Britain is either civilised or part of Europe (proper). These would be the same people whose forefathers were building cathedrals while your sorry ancestors were running around painted blue and praying to trees.

Excellent!

I have found that those who have an irrepressible need to belittle others usually have a very low self-esteem. In order to bolster themselves up a bit, they must tear someone else down.

It's the same way when speaking about money. Those who have a lot do not feel the need to brag about it. People who go around talking ad nauseum about how rich they are, most assuredly are NOT.

It's very similar to an old saying out here in the West: the EMPTY wagon rattles the loudest. Nuff said. :rolleyes:

Oh dear - you have misinterpreted what I said. Did I misunderstand what you said in your first post? Are you the 13 year old?

pnhmrk, I've read through the thread in which you and your fellow "Cunarders" decided that it would be good sport to come slumming amongst the colonial commoners and show us all what's what.

Your words not mine. You are the one who started the name calling. You are the one who is making assumptions without any evidence. You are the one who is calling all the Carnival passengers commoners and slum dwellers.

Your callous attitude of entitlement and superiority is both infantile and ignorant. Ironic, isn't it, that in your attempt to point out the ignorance of others, you've actually shined a spotlight on your own ignorance.

My attitude is neither callous nor infantile. You are the one who is throwing the dirt and you are the one to whom it is sticking.

Read back some of the posts in that thread on the Cunard board with a critical eye. If you cannot see the ignorance so proudly on display in some of those statements, don't bother coming back here asking for explanations. Because if you do require explanation, you are truly beyond comprehension.

You have tried me and found me guilty. You have not offered any evidence to show my guilt and you will not allow me to defend myself. All I can assume is that you have totally missed the British sense of humour and have accidentally missed the point of my posts. Is it any wonder that your countrymen have a poor reputation when it comes to justice?

Think back to not so long ago, but not back before the establishment of your beloved Cunard. Back in those days, the equivalent of a computer teacher from York would hardly be booking passage on a Cunard liner. And if he were, he would certainly find himself in the bowels of the third class section

So? What is your point? I don't think that I have ever said that, in those earlier days, had I ever made a passage it would have been other than in steerage. I doubt that I would have ever travelled abroad - my family certainly didn't!

The fine people who post on this board.

You are the only person who has insulted the majority of posters on this board - you are the one who has just called them commoners and slum dwellers.

The very people who invented the "golden age of sailing" that you and your wannabe sycophants seem to aspire to wouldn't deign to sit at the same table as you, were they alive today.

I don't think there ever actually was a "Golden Age of Sailing". I think that so much relies on hype put out to help promote a blossoming cruise industry in the latter part of last century.

I know plenty of people who would snicker at your assertion that Great Britain is either civilised or part of Europe (proper). These would be the same people whose forefathers were building cathedrals while your sorry ancestors were running around painted blue and praying to trees.

You are very good at miss quoting me. I think that you are quoting what you would like me to say and not what I actually said. I never said that the UK was civilised (although it is). Geographically and politically the UK is part of Europe. I don't see how you can dispute that - it is a fact. As to the building of cathedrals and the wearing of wode - both did happen in this country. I'd suggest that you check your historical accuracy though there was at least 500 years between them. Just to provide a bit of proof here's a link to a web cam showing one of the cathedrals we didn't build! (It's dark at the moment because it's nighttime over here but there will be a picture there in a few hours.

Are jeans (long) allaowed in the dining room on nights other than the formal night, or do you need slacks like a kaki's??

Thanks in Advance

Troy

Bacchus Dining Room (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Continental

Dress Code: Two formal nights; others resort attire. Short and swimwear not permitted.

Surcharge: No

Reservations Required: Yes

Hours

Breakfast: 7:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.

Lunch: 12:00 noon – 1:30 p.m.

Dinner: Early – 5:45 p.m. or 6:15 p.m., Late – 8:00 p.m. or 8:30 p.m.

Horatio's Restaurant

Cuisine: Buffet, Asian, Grill, Salads, Pasta, Chicken, Steak

Dress Code: Casual

Surcharge: No

Reservations Required: No

Hours

Breakfast/Lunch: Check onboard for hours

Dinner: 6:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Nick and Nora's

Cuisine: Seafood & Steaks

Dress Code: Formal

Surcharge: Yes, $25 per person

Reservations Required: Yes

Hours

Dinner Only : 6:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

In addition to the restaurants mentioned above, the Carnival Miracle also features continental breakfast available by room service every morning until 10:00 a.m., full breakfast and lunch served on deck, including salad bar and sushi in the late afternoon, a 24-hour Pizzeria and healthful, low-fat Nautical Spa® menu available in the dining rooms.

Archived