How close does Princess dock to the USS Arizona?

mommykim

Hi all,

I was planning to rent a car in Honalulu and one thing we definately want to do is visit the Arizona. A friend of mine says that we should not rent a car as it's right next to the dock and then we don't have to worry about parking. Dioes anyone know?

mommykim: I don't know where your friend got that information, but it's way off! Molokai-Chuck is right on (no surprise there). The Arizona Memorial (and Pearl Harbor and Ford Island and etc.) is quite a ways from Aloha Tower and the pier area.

beachchick

Just to add, parking is plentiful at the Memorial. Recommend that you get there as early in the am as possible. If you rent a car, you can pick it up at the airport, then you're only 2-3 miles from the Memorial. Also will point out that purses, backpacks, camera bags, etc. are not permitted in the Memorial. There is a place right next to the grounds that will check small items for a fee, I think $3. Under no circumstances do you want to leave anything in the car. There have been numerous threads here on visiting Pearl Harbor, just do a search with those key words.

Taxi fare probably pretty close to cost of renting a car, but with the car you have more flexibility and if time permits can get to places like Dole Plantation, North Shore, Punch Bowl, Waikiki, the choices are many and will depend on how much time the Arizona visit takes, as well as how long you will be in port.

Archived