I am booked on the Golden and have a few questions

Workmom2

I finally made a decision and booked the Golden Princess for Oct 6,2007. We are a family of 4 and are going to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.

I have a question- we booked a FF Emerald deck Outside cabin- the rep told me that the kids would be sleeping on beds that pull out from the wall- when I look at the website, I cannot figure out how that would work..

Has anyone booked this cat. before? Can you help me figure it out?

Thanks

I gues I am too excited- my other question is-

The ship is sold out on balconies- is there a chance that we could still get one in the future?

One can always hope! I would advise you to have your TA waitlist for all available balcony categories that are not closed (BA, BB, BC on your sailing are still open for waitlist for quad occupancy).

Good luck, hope you get your balcony :)!

going to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.

...the kids would be sleeping on beds that pull out from the wall- when I look at the website, I cannot figure out how that would work..Can you help me figure it out? Thanks

In quad cabins, the upper berths (imagine bunk beds with thin mattresses) are stowed in the ceiling. When your steward comes for the nightly turndown service, s/he will pull down the bunk from the ceiling -- it is hinged along one side and will first fold flat against the stateroom wall, and then fold out at 90 degrees along another hinge. Hope that makes sense. I have several pictures of the quad configuration that I hope to post soon in a gallery.

You can choose to have your lower berths against either cabin wall with the bunks directly above each twin, or you can ask your steward to put your lower berths together into a queen-size bed. In the latter scenario, your kids would access their bunks from the end of the bed as opposed to the side.

Happy 10th Anniversary!

Jean

Thanks so much for the description and the pictures. I think it makes more sense to me now- so, we will have an option of having the kids on one bed together- they really liked that on the last ship.

I am going to hope for a balcony!

Your pictures were fabulous- looked like you have a lovely time.

I gues I am too excited- my other question is-

The ship is sold out on balconies- is there a chance that we could still get one in the future?

Hi workmom

were On the same cruise

you need to check balconies again there available in every cat & cheap right now I booked a ab for about 700.00

just checked princess site & no wait list on any cat.

Rob

Hi Workmom,

We are booked on this cruise as well. Welcome aboard. We are traveling with our 11yr old. Sounds like your children are a bit younger. I just checked on the balconies and they are sold out for 4 people in a cabin, so you need to waitlist yourself for one and hopefully the waitlist will clear.

I talked it over with my hubby and we are going to go either way- the price I got was too good to pass up (1900 for all four of us). Since we just got off the Star last month, we had a suite and found we really did not even use the balcony- although it was nice!

I figure a balcony will probally come up- but our family is still small (kids 3 and 7) so the outside cabin will work-

I will check with my TA on Monday though:)

Good News- I think! I just called Princess and I am in the first position to get a balacony on the waitlist... Thanks everyone for suggesting I call. Either way, the airfair is booked and we are going on the Golden!

Archived